Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Meg
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 26th 10, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By Meg
temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

Well I must say that skiing with wax on the skis is actually sort of
fun.

A few trouble spots where I skied through some footprints of slush and
had to take off the skis and break off slush before...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 26th 10, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By Meg
temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

Yes I did post last season, and everyone was very helpful in giving
advice to the skis and bindings I bought. I am back from the store
and did manage to find the Swix F4, luckily.
Did you post...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 26th 10, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By Meg
temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

*Btw, your original post says
Alpine Control waxless skis. *I think you meant Alpina:http://www.alpinasports.com/index.php/nordic-touring/item/control-nis....
Did you buy them from REI? *

Forum: Nordic Skiing December 26th 10, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By Meg
temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

On Dec 25, 9:39*pm, Meg wrote:
Thanks everyone for all the replies. I'll check out all these
suggestions. I didn't end up even trying to ski today - way to busy
since...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 26th 10, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By Meg
temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

Thanks everyone for all the replies. I'll check out all these
suggestions. I didn't end up even trying to ski today - way to busy
since I was cooking Christmas Dinner anyhow.

I saw that the one...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 25th 10, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By Meg
temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

So I guess I have 2 problems. I need glide wax, and also the snow is
sticking to the kick zone.

Can the same product be used to solve both problems.

The stores ARE open tomorrow - I was wrong when...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 25th 10, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By Meg
temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

Thanks so much for all the replies. I've been keeping the skis in my
unheated 3 season porch.

I'm new at this - the skis have no wax on them glide or any type -
they are waxless so I didn't think...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 24th 10, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By Meg
temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

Hi. I am new to cross country skiing - bought them last year at the
end of the season, and we have occasional snow. They are Alpine
Control waxless skis. I did not have the trouble with the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 4th 10, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Meg
Ski and Binding mounting update

Sorry for the confusion - in heading towards Chicago, I was thinking
in a search for snow so I could still try these out this winter. I do
appreciate all your advice.

On Mar 3, 7:19*pm,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 4th 10, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By Meg
Position to mount bindings

On Mar 3, 7:09*pm, wrote:
Another person in the Chicago area who would probably be worth calling
for advice on places for help closer to St. Louis is Joe...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 3rd 10, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By Meg
Position to mount bindings

Thanks for the link. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility
for me to drive in the direction of Chicago - there looked to be a
couple places East of Springfield - I don't know that I'd...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 3rd 10, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Meg
Ski and Binding mounting update

I thought I would post a quick update to my post of last week asking
for the position to mount bindings. What I ended up doing was going
in an entirely different direction. I returned the skis, and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 24th 10, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By Meg
Position to mount bindings

True - it did seem like the skating style would be more natural to me
- and I've been watching to see what the difference is, but from what
I read, the skating style can only be done on well groomed...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 24th 10, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By Meg
Position to mount bindings

Thank you for your messages and advice. The place I ordered, did
initially offer to let me ship them back, because they actually made
another mistake as well when I first ordered them, and told me...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 24th 10, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By Meg
Position to mount bindings

On Feb 24, 12:35*pm, wrote:
Meg,
* At the risk of delaying your skiing adventures, I strongly agree with
Paul on this one. *The chances of your getting it right without the jig
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 24th 10, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By Meg
Position to mount bindings

Hi. I have a question about the position to put bindings onto cross
country skis. I have never skied on cross country skiis, and only once
on downhill skis so I am a beginner. I realize there is...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16