Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Edgar
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 8th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Edgar
Poles : Rossignol World Cup, who knows more?

On Aug 8, 12:43 am, Jan Gerrit Klok
wrote:
OK, I got the poles in. Some of the finish was scraped off, likely by
bad storage or manufacturing. They seem...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 6th 07, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Edgar
XC Oregon Skier Beats Western States Ultra-marathon winner in hill climb

Brayton Osgood, XC Oregon skier, beat the Western States 100 mile
Ultra-Marathon winner to the top of Mt. Ashland, a 13.3 mile /5600
feet uphill run. XC Oregon skier Eveland Dong is the first...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 19th 07, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 27
Posted By Edgar
Kickbikes

On Apr 18, 6:19 am, EdV wrote:
I finally bought one:

www.kickbikeamerica.com

If you live in or come by the Minneapolis area you are welcome to take
mine for a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 10th 07, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Edgar
Still Skiing in VT

On Apr 8, 3:53 am, Terje Mathisen
wrote:
Jan Gerrit Klok wrote:
Even if metereologists don't seem to speak out about it, are more of you
getting the feeling...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 12th 07, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Edgar
Resources for the newly-hooked!

On Mar 12, 12:28 pm, "IronDocBill" wrote:
Hi there...did my first ever 20km race this past weekend and am hooked
on this sport now. I have a history of Ironman races and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 12th 07, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Edgar
Resources for the newly-hooked!

On Mar 12, 12:28 pm, "IronDocBill" wrote:
Hi there...did my first ever 20km race this past weekend and am hooked
on this sport now. I have a history of Ironman races and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 12th 07, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By Edgar
Touring ski reviews/chat anywhere?

On Mar 5, 2:41 pm, wrote:
I'm curious as to how the mid-length ski concept measures up to
traditional skis.

(Will any perform like a 210 will for a 6-foot tall tour skier?...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 2nd 07, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By Edgar
Bad glide on classic skis

On Mar 1, 5:29 pm, wrote:
Reading between the lines, when you say that you are new to waxable
classic skis, does this mean that you skied on "patterned" classic
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 07, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By Edgar
Bad glide on classic skis

On Feb 28, 10:00 am, wrote:
I am new to waxable classics this year and used them for the first
time at the Canadian Ski Marathon and the Keskinada. I seem to be
able...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 27th 07, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By Edgar
What's going on with Bjorgen?

On Feb 27, 11:41 am, wrote:
What I've observed is that for the past two seasons she was following
the intensive interval block protocol developed by the previous coach.
That...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 27th 07, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By Edgar
What's going on with Bjorgen?

On Feb 26, 7:07 pm, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0" wrote:
She looks done this season. Is there anything in Norwegian papers about
what's going on with her? I had high hopes for the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 23rd 07, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Edgar
Finse + Geilo

On Feb 20, 3:30 am, "Neil Smith" wrote:
Next question - waxing?"Terje Mathisen" wrote in message

Forum: Nordic Skiing February 22nd 07, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Edgar
Convex Ski Uppers

On Feb 22, 9:09 am, dardruba wrote:
Has anyone considered making a ski with a convex top to shed snow buildup?
When breaking trail forest skiing I often found a build up...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 21st 07, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Edgar
Unidentified Bindings

On Feb 21, 3:51 am, "kskier" wrote:
Try looking up Akers.com. They still sell 3 pin boots

Susan's bindings appear to be the old Solomon SNS, not a 3-pin
binding. The SNS...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 21st 07, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Edgar
Foam core skis for touring?

On Feb 19, 1:14 pm, wrote:
I'm looking at the Atomic TX7 60mm wide touring ski. It has a foam
core. I do some pretty rough'n'ready ski touring. I sometimes like to
do some...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 20th 07, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Edgar
Unidentified Bindings

On Feb 20, 1:06 pm, "Susan Hillman" wrote:
A colleague at work has given me a pair of skis, but even though he is the
same height as me, his feet are much bigger so I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 17th 07, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Edgar
Your all-day tour rig?

On Feb 17, 3:05 pm, wrote:
I tried carrying a rucksack plus a fanny pack today for our attempted
all-day ski tour. I had about 15 lbs of stuff with me. UGH!

I used the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 15th 07, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Edgar
Cut down swix team pole

On Feb 14, 4:36 pm, wrote:
Bjorn A Payne Diaz writes:

Bjorn On Feb 13, 6:54 pm, "
wrote:
I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 14th 07, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Edgar
Drug Testing for Masters?

On Feb 14, 6:58 am, wrote:
Is there drug testing at the X-C Ski World Masters? I haven't heard of
it at that level or nationals, but an article in the mag geezerJock
brought...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 7th 07, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By Edgar
Advice Norway

On Feb 6, 9:21 pm, "Neil Smith" wrote:
Dear All,
going to Norway ski touring at March and would welcome advice.
1. Clothing - would clothing that is sufficient for a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 6th 07, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Edgar
Tahoe-Donner XC Euer Valley Photos

On Feb 5, 8:41 pm, "bits" wrote:
http://11000.spaces.live.com/photos/

I got a bit carried away with shots of my new Madshus skis! :-) While I like
Royal Gorge, TDXC is...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 07, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Edgar
protecting skis

On Jan 28, 7:02 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
We hear about covering the gliding surfaces of skis with storage wax,
but what about when you wax up a pair of skis,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 07, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By Edgar
Crash!

On Feb 2, 12:34 am, "
wrote:
On Feb 2, 8:28 am, sherwindu wrote:

Wish all you speed demons would post where...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 07, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By Edgar
Crash!

On Feb 1, 10:06 am, "Norski" wrote:
In XC crashes, it seems like you stop right away and take a lot of abuse.
Alpine falls, the skis pop off and you slide for a while,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 31st 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By Edgar
Crash!

On Jan 31, 7:08 am, "
wrote:
Hi All,

Last night I was minding my own business, having a nice late night
ski....

Joseph

Hi...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 61