Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ed Huesers
Forum: Backcountry Skiing December 11th 09, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 0
Posted By Ed Huesers
First Tracks

Chuck Stearns wrote:
Coming soon.

Here now: http://grandshelters.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=184

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com
Forum: Backcountry Skiing May 14th 09, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 0
Posted By Ed Huesers
Winds April trip

Went to the Winds the beginning of April and did a ten night trip. It
snowed a lot but still got some good pictures and put a trip report
he...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing April 2nd 08, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic,rec.backcountry,rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 13
Posted By Ed Huesers
Sledge, Pulk?

jeff potter wrote:
With any kind of heavy load a suspended pole is needed otherwise you
have a wretched sense of starting/stopping all that momentum no matter
what your mode of travel. Maybe...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 2nd 08, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic,rec.backcountry,rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 16
Posted By Ed Huesers
Sledge, Pulk?

jeff potter wrote:
With any kind of heavy load a suspended pole is needed otherwise you
have a wretched sense of starting/stopping all that momentum no matter
what your mode of travel. Maybe...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing March 27th 08, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic,rec.backcountry,rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 13
Posted By Ed Huesers
Sledge, Pulk?

mccannam wrote:
Hi, I finished my pulk, I walked around with it just to see what it
would be like and it pulled fine. You might want to shorten the poles
a bit as it seems like the snowshoe...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 27th 08, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic,rec.backcountry,rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 16
Posted By Ed Huesers
Sledge, Pulk?

mccannam wrote:
Hi, I finished my pulk, I walked around with it just to see what it
would be like and it pulled fine. You might want to shorten the poles
a bit as it seems like the snowshoe...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing January 5th 08, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 0
Posted By Ed Huesers
Tis the season

http://outside-staging.away.com/outside/culture/200801/winter-camping-igloo-building-1.html
They even skied.

Ed Huesers
Http://www.grandshelters.com
Forum: Backcountry Skiing May 16th 07, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.backcountry
Replies: 3
Posted By Ed Huesers
Igloo base camp in the Alps

Ed Huesers wrote:
http://www.accumulationzone.com/igloo.html

Simon Isbister wrote:
Very nice, Ed- recieving something like that must give the ol' Job
Satisfaction quotient a real boost!

Forum: Backcountry Skiing May 14th 07, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.backcountry
Replies: 3
Posted By Ed Huesers
Igloo base camp in the Alps

Hey All,
A customer sent us a link to a trip report in the Alps:
http://www.accumulationzone.com/igloo.html

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com
Forum: Backcountry Skiing April 14th 07, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 4
Posted By Ed Huesers
far far away... Easter in The Polish Tatras

Titus_Atomicus wrote:
http://www.watra.pl/rozne/kalatowki/kalatowki2007.html

VtSkier wrote:
Very cool pictures. Looks like LOADS of fun
was had by all. Thanks.

I like this one:...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing January 18th 07, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.national-parks,rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 8
Posted By Ed Huesers
Skiing Yellowstone

James wrote:
Has anyone done any skiing in Yellowstone? Jim

Thanks, Jim

I was there two years ago on snowshoes:
http://www.grandshelters.com/trip-report-land-of-geysers.htm
We headed...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing December 13th 06, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 64
Posted By Ed Huesers
Going off trail

"Ken Roberts" wrote
Backcountry telemarking is over.
Except in Norway.

Kurt Knisely wrote:
And Utah and Colorado and Idaho and Montana...

Oh, don't forget Vail.

Ed Huesers
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 13th 06, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 52

Kurt Knisely wrote:
And Utah and Colorado and Idaho and Montana...

Oh, don't forget Vail.

Ed Huesers
Forum: Backcountry Skiing December 12th 06, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.backcountry,rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 9
Posted By Ed Huesers
Snow

Cyli wrote:
Pretty neat, Ed. They gave you more time than I'd expected, though
not enough to suit me.

Well, here's more from the local paper's business section:...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing December 8th 06, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.backcountry,rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 9
Posted By Ed Huesers
Snow

I will be on Modern Marvels "Snow" on the History Channel at 8:00 pm
MST this Sunday, Dec. 10th
--
Ed Huesers
Http://www.grandshelters.com

Kurt Knisely wrote:
nice Wilderness N. of Vail(tm), huts and real skiing (and probably
Ed's snowcave...er, igloo).
Ed Huesers wrote:
A snowcave, many years ago now, from the Pass and...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing September 28th 06, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 14
Posted By Ed Huesers
We're slipping here...

Kurt Knisely wrote:
nice Wilderness N. of Vail(tm), huts and real skiing (and probably
Ed's snowcave...er, igloo).

A snowcave, many years ago now, from the Pass and then NE.

They gotta...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing September 28th 06, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 14
Posted By Ed Huesers
We're slipping here...

Eugene Miya wrote:
A-Basin?
I like A-basin.

Bah, the jumping at the basin is only cornices but Vail has rock
cliffs. Vail also has a lot more going on than some boduck hillbilly ski
area...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing August 22nd 06, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 98
Posted By Ed Huesers
The pathological lying

Two Buddha wrote:
Richard Walsh threatened my life.
Eugene Miya wrote:
Go over that.
Calmly.
Bob Lee wrote:
drawing up chair, grabbing popcorn This should be...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19