Showing results 1 to 25 of 69
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: gr
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 3rd 08, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By gr
Kick bike?

I was stuck some time ago when leaning on a full shopping cart and
running along, how much it feels like gliding. I am thinking a kick bike
(or something else??) may also give that feeling. After...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 3rd 08, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By gr
Spring ski YouTube---Michigan downhills

jeff potter wrote:
I just made a YouTube showing a couple downhills at Stinchfield, a
fave Michigan woodlot. Spring skiing. It got a bit sunny and the speed
dropped but it was still fun. Nice,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 19th 07, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By gr
Winter must really be coming!!!

A sure sign of it; I got both a Ski and a Powder Magazine in the mail!
(pretty pictures , but I am not a downhill guy, (just mentioning so no
one thinks I have become lazy and gone to the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 29th 07, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By gr
What's Everyone Been Up To?

wrote:
How's the summer going? Man, I haven't posted on the nordic skiing
newsgroup in a looooong time... I'm knocking on 2,000 bike miles for
the year so far. The plan is...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing April 14th 07, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 4
Posted By gr
far far away... Easter in The Polish Tatras

wrote:
http://www.watra.pl/rozne/kalatowki/kalatowki2007.html
Now that's good old fashioned skiing!!!!!
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 12th 07, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By gr
2" today! It was 47F yesterday...

wrote:
OK, it's springtime. It's been cold lately but then warmish the past
few days. Now today here in mid-Michigan we're getting a couple fresh
inches.

I wonder if...
Forum: Snowboarding April 8th 07, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 5
Posted By gr
Waxing question

Jolly_O wrote:
I've been waxing my skis for several years, but I just started
snowboarding this year, and the board seems to be a different beast.
Mine is a Burton Bullet. I can tell when my...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 8th 07, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By gr
Ski edges

Micheal Artindale wrote:
Are there manufacturers that have metal edges?

Reason I ask this is because while Alpine skiing today, I noticed that the
edges helped me get down the hill safely,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 28th 07, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By gr
Magazine articles 1893-1900 about skiing

David Dermott wrote:
I found some online articles from the outdoor/sport magazine
"Outing" . These are probably some of the earliest articles
in North America about skiing. They are in PDF...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 28th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By gr
Ski repair

wrote:
Hi group,

A couple of weeks ago, I felt badly and my knee hit the ski directly,
embossing it profoundly; now the ski has a major weakness at this spot
- about...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 27th 07, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By gr
Neat Ski Boot video!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Urj9hKNd1jg

gr
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 25th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By gr
Rollerski pole tips?

Anybody know a good way to buy or make or cobble some tips for std xc
ski poles so that they have a flat or rubber bottom on the end (so I
don't dig up the dirt trails!). Akers did not have them,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 25th 07, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By gr
Roller ski review coming

Randy AKA Cubby wrote:
Just a real newb question on roller skis.
I have a wonderful pair of Ski SKett combis, really love them for what I
do. But of course you're pretty much limited to the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 16th 07, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By gr
Sore achilles from missed kicks?

wrote:
My achilles tendon is sore. I think it's from missed kicks. It's
happened before. I recall that it goes away with use---correct use,
that is. But I'm not positive.
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 15th 07, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By gr
Nordix Aero 125 SR

gr wrote:
Got a birthday coming up and am thinking real strong about asking for
Nordix Aero 1225 SR roller skis for use on rail trails, and maybe some
packed earth hiking trails. Any comments...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 13th 07, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By gr
Nordix Aero 125 SR

Got a birthday coming up and am thinking real strong about asking for
Nordix Aero 1225 SR roller skis for use on rail trails, and maybe some
packed earth hiking trails. Any comments or experiences...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 13th 07, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By gr
Resources for the newly-hooked!

IronDocBill wrote:
Hi there...did my first ever 20km race this past weekend and am hooked
on this sport now. I have a history of Ironman races and triathlons
but I think I like this sport even...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 10th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By gr
Touring ski reviews/chat anywhere?

wrote:
EdV wrote:
[ ]
Hey JP,
are you looking for skis that float well and don't have to
fit into classic tracks? I have been enjoying Salomon's super...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 07, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By gr
Another kind of glide

Is this the ultimate glide?
Maybe for the off-snow season?
http://www.jet-man.com/actuel.html#
gr
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 24th 07, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By gr
pants

mountainwalker wrote:
On Feb 24, 7:36 am, "32 degrees" wrote:
I've worn my sporthill XC pants down to 0 deg F with NOTHING else
orver/under. I can imagine with...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 15th 07, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By gr
Touring Centers near Burlington

Bill in Schenectady wrote:
Hello. Next week, my family will spend a couple of days in the Burlington,
VT area for cross country skiing. We intend to spend one day (at least) at
the Trapp...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 13th 07, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By gr
Rex Grip Tape

Neil Smith wrote:
Dear All,
Else where made an interesting recommendation to use Rex Grip Tape.
I am attracted by there convenience and that fact that my bases, after many
years rock and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 07, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By gr
Salomon Classic Boots-No More Foot Pain!

ADK Skier wrote:
I finally figured out why I could never wear the Salomon classic boots
when they went to the 2 part sole. After trying the original Bumble
Bee (Yellow and Black) Salomon...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 07, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By gr
Ski boot sizing

Tim Troupe wrote:
Hi,
I am a newbie at this sport and have a question.When I ski I get very
sore heels...rubbed raw.This of course limits my time x-country skiing.I
wear about a size 11 mens...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 28th 07, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By gr
Can anyone comment on Lake Placid conditions and suggest skateski Instructors, lodging and bars/restaurants?

mountainwalker wrote:
Planning a 3-4 day X country trip with plenty of instruction - can
anyone comment on current conditions at Mt Van Hoevenberg, Lake Placid
and can anyone suggest good...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 69