Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dardruba
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 17th 08, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By dardruba
Whining about WC team suit design and big "smock" bibs...

Picture the poor timekeeper standing knee deep in trailside snow at a forest trail
crossroad somewhere at the back of beyond. He needs to record bib numbers.

His 'site' is just at the point where...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 11th 08, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 28
Posted By dardruba
Vasaloppet 2008

Is somebody staying online to seed this for the rest of us?

(Of course, please post comments, questions, critiques...)

OK, here it is. My first torrent: http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4072390
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 6th 08, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By dardruba
Drammen sprints on NRK1 now, half Norwy into the finals. :-)

That's a lot of red suits

and some of your racers were in blue suits!
I presumed from the commentators remark that the red suits were only the guys
in the current (this weeks) national squad.
Is...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 4th 08, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By dardruba
Channel 4 UK TV Nordic report tonight.

Just found http://www.channel4.com/sport/microsites/S/skiing/skiingon4.html
advertising a Nordic skiing report tonight - watch live on line at 01.05 GMT.

I've never watched their weekly reports...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 2nd 08, 10:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By dardruba
kids & x-country

SkiFit wrote:
Coach,

I appreciate your efforts to promote skiing north of Toronto (it's my
stomping ground), but think what you're doing could be construed as
spam.

Well I for one didn't...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 4th 08, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By dardruba
Canmore Torrents

don martin wrote:
I downloaded the pursuits and they showed up as asx files.

If you dont get success you can google for a free asx to avi converter
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 4th 08, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By dardruba
Mini Tour de Ski

Does anyone have news of this?
From the Italian News I think its at Bormio with three WC events to close the season
and to provide a WC Grand Finale but I couldnt make out if its this year or...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 08, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By dardruba
Mounting Pilot classic bindings

chrism wrote:
Is there really nobody on here who has (or is prepared to give me) any
info on mounting these?

Easy now Chris, its the middle of the ski season and we have snow!!

I don't have...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 31st 08, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By dardruba
Czech Mountains

Hi Neil
I can't help you with your choice of centres but the following pages, if you dont already
have them, may help you to track the incoming...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 28th 08, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By dardruba
What are typical low end temperatures for XC?

The World Masters Association definitely had a fixed temperature below which their member
racers were not allowed to start their race.
Does that still apply and does anyone know the details?
Mike
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 20th 08, 10:43 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By dardruba
Canmore - UK TV times in English Language

Friday 25th W10K Free Eurosport 2 18.00 hrs
Saturday 26th M15K Free British Eurosport and (International) Eurosport 10.15 to 11.00
Sunday 27th Classic Sprints Eurosport 2 19.30 to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 10th 08, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By dardruba
Why no US skiers in TdS?

I wasn't sniping at US skiers. I WAS making a general comment but it was on a thread relating
to US skiers. Sorry guys, I see I didnt express that too well.

As to recommendations, one of our friends...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 7th 08, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By dardruba
Why no US skiers in TdS?

Well it can't be a simple matter of lack of US resources.
Bill Demong is on the WC Nordic Combination circuit and continues to put in great performances,
so he must have full US team backing.

Could...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 6th 08, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By dardruba
Waxless

Jan Gerrit Klok wrote:
;118782 Wrote:
Waxless is for stride and glide Not for skating.

That view (presented as "fact") is being challenged more and more the
past years....
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 4th 08, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By dardruba
Northug - Di Centa shoving match.

shreddir wrote:
Watch the todays 2nd mens semifinal and see "Dennis the Menace" Peter
Northug cut off Di Centa during a left turn. He and Di Centa get into this
big shouting and shoving...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 3rd 08, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By dardruba
Val de fiemme

wrote:
Final day: Freestyle
Women - 0.9km+8.1km
Men - 1.9km+8.1km

I read that as 0.9 and 1.9km in flat or mildly rolling terrain, followed
by the 8.1km climb. I was...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 29th 07, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By dardruba
NRK has live transmission of Tour de ski over internet!

Rominger wrote:
On 28 dez, 21:02, doogiski wrote:
I've found a way to watch NRK live on your computer, so if anybody else
has a capture card in thier computer...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing December 18th 07, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 12
Posted By dardruba
strap-ons

Hello Kent
The word strap-on has a more popular use in a different sport.

Is it your intention to ski in prepared machine cut trails or are you hoping
to break trail and do skitouring in the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 17th 07, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By dardruba
Waxless Fischer country crown grip

Novice Skier wrote:
I am skiing with 200cm Fischer waxless country crown skis
and weigh 152lbs.

On Dec 8 I was skiing Hubbard hill in New Hampsire and
my skis climbed well. The temperature...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 8th 07, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By dardruba
Oslo snow reports

Norway seems like a slice of Heaven. Is the food good there?

If you're overnighting at Oslo I can recommend the ORO Restaurant for a wonderful
culinary...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 29th 07, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By dardruba
FIS anti doping news

http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/newsinformation/pressreleases/press-releases-2007/doping-panel-torino-athl.html

What annoys me is the length of time its taken from the last Olympics to reach this...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 27th 07, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By dardruba
torrents

http://www.filehippo.com/
This will give you the K Lite Codec Pack
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 4th 07, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By dardruba
Holmenkollen jump tower from above

Any news on the new jump?
Will it be ready for this coming season.
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 24th 07, 12:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By dardruba
Dusseldorf

See the Peter Larsson Show on
http://www.worldcup-duesseldorf.de/index.php?id=35&L=1
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 10th 07, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By dardruba
Rollerski Jumping

Looks like the Canadians are teaching British youngsters to ski jump in the
photo following this article from Fasterskier.

http://www.fasterskier.com/news4610.html
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100