Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: klh in VA
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 4th 09, 11:55 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By klh in VA
vasaloppet 2009 the old guy -

Swedish TV and sports print had several features before and after
vasaloppet on the 'old guy' aged 79 who was skiing vasaloppet .... 56th
time. he said during race that he planned to finish about...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 14th 07, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By klh in VA
California/Tahoe relocation suggestions?

wrote:

Hi All,

I am vaguely considering relocating to somplace in Central or Northern
California.

yes but it is hard to find lutfisk there
although if you go...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 28th 07, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By klh in VA
Lack of snow on Vasaloppet Course [english, long]

yes but the weather in mora hasn't been so great. only in the past few
days has it been cold.
and even yesterday, it was colder in washington dc than mora!

but today's picture from sälen does look...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 27th 07, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By klh in VA
Lack of snow on Vasaloppet Course [english, long]

Lack of snow on Vasaloppet Course [2007-01-11]

Vasaloppet's organizers are waiting for snow and cold weather.

Today there is not one meter of ski track between Sälen and Mora.

"The situation is...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 27th 07, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By klh in VA
vasaloppets sno

There is snow, well, some, in Mora now and the lake seems to be frozen
over. that takes care of the finish area but there is still that matter
of covering vasagatten [vasa street] with a meter of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 31st 06, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By klh in VA
Hälge the moose

for those of you planning to go vasaloppet, in preparation for your
fitting into local culture, here is the homepage (hemsidan)
of a very famous swede, Hälge.

this strip appears in many swedish...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 29th 06, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 26
Posted By klh in VA
XC dress code

wrote:

When I enter a European race of some kind, will people point and laugh if I
show up in a colorless 2-piece "training" outfit?

in the US - no. In...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 14th 06, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By klh in VA
Its getting nearer

I understand that Janne does not have access to eurosport channel any
more. I do not have the equipment to do the recording and upload to a
server as does he unfortunately (as well as not being in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 14th 06, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By klh in VA
Its getting nearer

doogiski wrote:

dardruba Wrote:

http://www.schnee-in-duesseldorf.de/engl/index.php

Only two weeks. I can't wait. I know they changed thier cable channels
in Sweden and now they...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9