Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ADK Skier
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 6th 09, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By ADK Skier
Last Day At Lapland Lake

Did 3.5 hours at Lapland Lake today. It was tons of fun. Still 1 foot
base on most of the trails. The Karhu Polku Trail is still one of the
best classic trails in the country. The owners said today...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 2nd 09, 11:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By ADK Skier
Composite Shafts Versus Aluminum

On Apr 2, 3:23*am, wrote:
The question is about rollerski shafts, it seems.

yes, indeed. My bad

Yes were talking about roller ski shafts and skate wheels e.g. 24mm...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 1st 09, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By ADK Skier
Composite Shafts Versus Aluminum

Has anyone noticed a significant difference in dampening when using
composite versus aluminum roller ski shafts. Been looking at the Jenex
and Swenor skate models.
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 1st 09, 11:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By ADK Skier
zero/multi waxless skis

On Mar 31, 10:12*pm, "Norski" wrote:
Hi Randy,
* * 'Softer' closing flex? *'Softer' half-weight? *Softer than what? It is
almost a meaningless term.
* * The Zeros...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 24th 09, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By ADK Skier
Hoffman's High Hemologin Values

On Mar 24, 3:32*am, Lustig wrote:
On Mar 23, 9:11*pm, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"
wrote:

The real problem wasn't a high hemo value, but the wrong...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 23rd 09, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By ADK Skier
Hoffman's High Hemologin Values

On Mar 23, 3:11*pm, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"
wrote:
ADK Skier wrote:
Does any of our Scandinavian friends know about Christian Hoffman
being recently banned from racing...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 23rd 09, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By ADK Skier
Hoffman's High Hemologin Values

Does any of our Scandinavian friends know about Christian Hoffman
being recently banned from racing for 14 days because of high
hemoglobin values. I was reading Jenex's website and they...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 22nd 09, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 14
Posted By ADK Skier
Teichman A Really Slow Starter.

On Mar 22, 3:18*pm, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"
wrote:
ADK Skier wrote:
I was watching the Womens 5x5 pursuit today on Universal Sports. In
the classic leg every one was...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 22nd 09, 11:10 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Mar 22, 1:00*am, wrote:
ADK Skier wrote:
I was watching the Womens 5x5 pursuit today on Universal Sports. In
the classic leg every one was slipping...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 21st 09, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 14
Posted By ADK Skier
Teichman A Really Slow Starter.

On Mar 21, 2:37*pm, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"
wrote:
ADK Skier wrote:
I was checking out the results from Falun on the FIS site. In the
3.3km prologe Teichman was down...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 20th 09, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 14
Posted By ADK Skier
Teichman A Really Slow Starter.

I was checking out the results from Falun on the FIS site. In the
3.3km prologe Teichman was down just under 20 seconds at the 1.2km
mark to Markus Hellner. At this point he was way down the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 18th 09, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By ADK Skier
Winona Forest Tourathon

Can anyone who did this years Tourathon tell us how flat the 10+ race
loop was. It's great they are trying to turn things around for the
Tourathon. Also I was interested to know if this will be the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 14th 09, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By ADK Skier
The NY BREIA Trails-Out Of This World!

NY skiers if you're burned out on Mohonk, Lake Placid, Prospect, or
Garnet Hill you have to check out the BREIA Trails in Boonville, NY. 4
trail systems and vistas which are mind boggling. The view...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 14th 09, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By ADK Skier
sintered bases, radioactive wax etc

On Mar 13, 9:52*pm, "
wrote:
Were there any experiments done to actually show how much scineted
bases absorb wax and how deep the wax...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 9th 09, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By ADK Skier
Tug Hill Tourathon

On Mar 8, 9:14*pm, Mitch wrote:
Well to start with it's no longer a 50k event.

-Mitch

On Mar 8, 3:25 pm, ADK Skier wrote:

Tug Hill...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 8th 09, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By ADK Skier
Tug Hill Tourathon

Tug Hill Tourathon's web site says they will have better grooming next
weeked for the event. Does anyone know if they picked up a snow cat
with a power tiller. With the melt down we have and the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 27th 09, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By ADK Skier
40 Ski Marathons?

On Feb 27, 9:07*am, Jay W wrote:
I should add mine up sometime.

-18 Birkies
-Probably 6 long Pepsi's before I figured out there's a short race
-A few long Seeley...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 24th 09, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By ADK Skier
Daehlie and the Famous 1994 Winter Olympics Relay

Seeing the pics of Daehlie skiing the Birkie brought back memories of
my favorite Winter Olympics and race in Norway in 1994. I did some
searches of other stand out athletes from those same games for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 20th 09, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By ADK Skier
Swix Steel Brush Or Not?

On Feb 20, 9:31*am, highpeaksnordic wrote:
On Feb 19, 10:39*pm, "m.wynn" wrote:

I brushed the concrete floor in my basement for about 30...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 19th 09, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By ADK Skier
Swix Steel Brush Or Not?

I was reading Swix's wax recommendation for the Birkie. The writing
says the Swix Steel Brush will open up structure and the pores of the
base. They suggest a softer copper brush (Toko) will not have...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 16th 09, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By ADK Skier
Picking Sweden for gold in the Men's Relay in Liberec.

The Swedish mens team is really skiing well. Coach Gunde Svan has the
team back on track. It would be good to see Sweden back in the mix.
How about Sodergren, Olson, Fredrickson, and Hellner bringing...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 9th 09, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By ADK Skier
How to remove Salomon SNS Profil binding?

On Feb 9, 4:07*pm, jeff potter wrote:
I have a set of skis with the Salomon SNS Profil manual bindings on
them. Skate model.

What's a good way to remove them?

I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 25th 09, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By ADK Skier
Scary Waxing Recommendations

On Jan 25, 6:43*pm, ADK Skier wrote:
John's previous post about wax smoking made me want to share some
risky waxing recommendations I received from real wax technicians. A
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 25th 09, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By ADK Skier
Scary Waxing Recommendations

John's previous post about wax smoking made me want to share some
risky waxing recommendations I received from real wax technicians. A
Swix wax technician detailed how the base material needs to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 18th 09, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By ADK Skier
How to fix classic skiing foot-flex injury?

On Jan 17, 7:02*pm, wrote:
Was it Oddvar Bra who said that if the forefoot wasn't sore after
classical skiing, there was something wrong with the technique? *That's
one...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100