Showing results 1 to 25 of 75
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Anders
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 23rd 10, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Anders
interval training question

On Apr 22, 6:10*pm, wrote:

I agree with MT Nordic and have some questions, if you don't mind: what
are your goals in doing level 94-96% of max intervals in general and at
this...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 16th 10, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Anders
Russian Sprint Tour - Russian Translation needed

On Apr 16, 3:12*am, "outsideinmi"
wrote:

I, personally, prefer top posting! *In fact, this is the first mention I've
ever heard of someone on RSN saying how to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 8th 10, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Anders
Russian Sprint Tour - Russian Translation needed

On Apr 7, 8:47*am, wrote:

Thanks! *One of the racers was quoted as saying that they wouldn't be
surprised to see this format introduced on the World Cup within a
couple of years,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 15th 10, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Anders
Holmenkollen races going on right now

On Mar 13, 5:13Â*pm, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"
wrote:

It was a magnificent race, even if Manificat hit the wall at the end and
lost 10-15 positions from what looked like a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 17th 10, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Anders
Olympic broadcasts

On Feb 16, 10:45*am, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"
wrote:

"Petter and the Norwegians" just had the worst Olympic xc race in
Norwegian history. :-(

The headlines in Sweden we...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 27th 10, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Anders
Norwegian relay champs: A lot of teams!

On Jan 26, 9:53*am, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"
wrote:

The skiers that can be expected to make bigger
headlines in Vancouver, Marit Bj rgen, VIbeke Skofterud and Kristin
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 26th 10, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Anders
Norwegian relay champs: A lot of teams!

On Jan 25, 10:44*pm, Iris Postler wrote:

What about Hilde Pedersen? Did she ski with her daughters?

Yes. The relay team for Nybygda consisted of Hilde G and her...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 11th 10, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Anders
TdS: Who can beat Petter?

On Jan 10, 9:04*pm, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"
wrote:

Re the subject question: Today the answer is in: Lucas Bauer!

Would you believe that if I had been around and online to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 11th 10, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Anders
Tour de Ski

On Jan 10, 1:49*pm, Jan Gerrit Klok Jan.Gerrit.Klok.
wrote:

Seems they'll have the same track to cover as the TdS ladies? Would be
interesting to compare speeds.

AFAIK...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 4th 10, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Anders
Tour de Ski

On Jan 3, 12:23*pm, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"
wrote:

In the after-race interviews on NRK, Petter was asked: "But what if the
race had been 15-20m shorter, then you wouldn't...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 4th 10, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Anders
Tour de Ski

On Jan 3, 11:32*am, dardruba wrote:

I read somewhere that the climb in todays Classic Sprint is a Cat A
Climb, more than 30 metres height gain.
Could someone tell me where...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 16th 09, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Anders
Kristina Smigun(-Vaehi) is back

On Dec 15, 8:47*pm, Terje Mathisen wrote:

Since Terje is mysteriously silent despite Petter Northug having the
best distance race of his life in Davos, I'll take...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 16th 09, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Anders
Kristina Smigun(-Vaehi) is back

On Dec 15, 7:10*pm, wrote:

A sample of Norwegian humor:http://www.nrk.no/magasin/humor/1.3185249

The animation is funny, but please translate the text.

"What Bente really did...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 15th 09, 08:49 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Anders
Kristina Smigun(-Vaehi) is back

On Dec 12, 9:57*pm, wrote:

After taking a couple of years off to get married and have a child,
it's nice to see Smigun is back and nearing the top. *In her first
race two weeks...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 15th 09, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 14
Posted By Anders
same wax policy

On Dec 11, 9:31*pm, Jon wrote:

What about the idea that wax is third in importance, behind flex and
structure, for ski speed. *True or propaganda?

Relatively true for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 10th 09, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By Anders
XC ski center: viable business?

On Dec 9, 10:50*pm, "
wrote:

So it's ~$420,000 for 300K of trail. Where did this number come from,
do you have the source? Is it the cost of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 9th 09, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By Anders
XC ski center: viable business?

On Dec 8, 12:58*am, Lew Lasher wrote:

Meanwhile, I notice, in the Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten, an
article that says (as best I can tell from my minimal reading...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 30th 09, 09:42 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Anders
15k Classic Individual start - Petter Northug?

On Nov 29, 9:36*pm, Terje Mathisen wrote:

The subject says it all, I believe Petter N is now officially a complete
skier:

Those are almost the exact words used by Jarmo...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 19th 09, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Anders
FIS Interval Start custom

On Nov 18, 9:10*pm, wrote:

In looking at videos of a few interval starts last season, I didn't see
any where the hand was on the shoulder. *Have you seen that? *Since I
raised...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 18th 09, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Anders
Bietostolen

On Nov 17, 7:52*pm, wrote:

Fun post, Anders. *Has there been any season when Bjoergen didn't start
strong? *That seems to be the MO of that training program? *So far it's
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 18th 09, 07:53 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Anders
FIS Interval Start custom

On Nov 16, 8:20*pm, wrote:

In an interval start race, competitors are required to start within
+/- 3 seconds of their start time, as shown on the start clock. *When
exactly the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 17th 09, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Anders
Bietostolen

On Nov 15, 10:51*pm, Terje Mathisen wrote:

Petter N is looking _very_ strong, with a 1st (skate) and a 2nd
(classic) place in the two first individual start races.

This...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 6th 09, 10:06 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Anders
Unusual interest in the Marcialonga 2010

On Nov 5, 10:58*am, dardruba wrote:

The latest FIS report says the entries were closed on October 30th
following unusually high numbers of entries flowing in since...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 23rd 09, 06:45 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By Anders
passing in a classic ski race?

On Jan 22, 4:00*pm, wrote:

I agree that it's bad form when there's an open track, assuming that
the open track is just as skiiable, for instance not full of powder.
I encountered...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 22nd 09, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By Anders
passing in a classic ski race?

On Jan 21, 1:26*pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0S8HmApSvg&eurl=http://www.johnnyklis....
At about 0:09 I think #54 yells for track...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 75