SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   White bases at the biathlon world cup (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=26828)

lolix December 2nd 11 04:47 PM

White bases at the biathlon world cup

Unless I'm wrong, Martin Fourcade's skis have plain white bases at his
victory in Östersund.

Check the video around 10'14
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmo...iduel-hd_sport

runcyclexcski December 3rd 11 11:43 PM

White bases at the biathlon world cup

they make you watch the same disturbing add 3 times if you scroll
down.

Did they finally realize they could just glue PTFE directly to ski
bases, instead of making you iron fluorocarbons on? Took them a while.

On Dec 2, 6:57*pm, "Mike" wrote:
"lolix" wrote in message

Unless I'm wrong, Martin Fourcade's skis have plain white bases at his
victory in Östersund.

Check the video around 10'14http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmodct_biathlon-20111130-ostersund-i...

Thanks!!
Mike

runcyclexcski December 4th 11 12:02 AM

On Dec 2, 6:57*pm, "Mike" wrote:

"lolix" wrote in message

Unless I'm wrong, Martin Fourcade's skis have plain white bases at his
victory in Östersund.

Check the video around 10'14http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmodct_biathlon-20111130-ostersund-i...

Thanks!!
Mike

On a second note, this could be just old good HDPE (polyethylene/
polypropylene) which is white/translucent in virgin form. They can add
any dye they want to make the ski bases any color. I had a pair of
skis ~20 years ago with white bases. In that case, no major changes to
the base chemistry, keep ironing in the fluoros in and inhaling the
teflon fumes and decomposition products.

lolix December 9th 11 11:44 AM

White bases at the biathlon world cup

P-Tex 4000 Clear seems to be still available from CPS (formerly Gurit,
formerly IMS)

http://www.cps-gmbh.net/p-tex-sintered.php

lolix January 5th 12 08:16 PM

White bases at the biathlon world cup

Marie Dorin - shooting 1.

at 1' on the video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8kj80yl3-4

very wet snow...

lolix January 5th 12 09:26 PM

White bases at the biathlon world cup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8kj80YL3-4

lolix January 22nd 12 11:28 PM

White bases at the biathlon world cup

Antholz french Relay victory.
Alexis Boeuf, (and also Martin Fourcade, as seen on TV.)

http://img6.custompublish.com/getfil...i-nordique.net

Could it be that Fluoro-polymere bases are already available ?