SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Toko wax iron parts (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=28473)

davemac November 26th 14 06:26 AM

Toko wax iron parts

Broke black plastic plate atop metal heat plate on Toko T14 and looking for source for replacement part so I can repair.
Thnx for any leads!

pigo[_2_] November 26th 14 01:46 PM

Toko wax iron parts

--
davemac

Check the internet.

[email protected] November 1st 15 07:22 PM

Toko wax iron parts

On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 at 6:49:04 AM UTC-5, davemac wrote:
Broke black plastic plate atop metal heat plate on Toko T14 and looking
for source for replacement part so I can repair.
Thnx for any leads!

--
davemac

I have 4 irons all needing plastic case parts. All are different brands but the electrics are identical. All China made!

If you know of a source please let me know.

TNX,

Bob...

The Real Bev[_4_] November 1st 15 11:57 PM

Toko wax iron parts

On 11/01/2015 12:22 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 at 6:49:04 AM UTC-5, davemac wrote:
Broke black plastic plate atop metal heat plate on Toko T14 and looking
for source for replacement part so I can repair.

I have 4 irons all needing plastic case parts. All are different brands but the electrics are identical. All China made!

Does a real waxing iron work all that much better than a regular
(clothes) iron?

--
Cheers, Bev
If you're ever about to be mugged by a couple

Richard Henry November 2nd 15 04:04 AM

Toko wax iron parts

The steam holes don't get clogged up.

[email protected] November 2nd 15 04:13 AM

Toko wax iron parts

I have used a dedicated regular iron for waxing for many years. Just be sure to mark it so that your wife doesn't accidently use it for clothing.

The Real Bev[_4_] November 2nd 15 05:23 AM

Toko wax iron parts

On 11/01/2015 09:13 PM, wrote:
I have used a dedicated regular iron for waxing for many years. Just be sure to mark it so that your wife doesn't accidently use it for clothing.

I'll be sure to tell her.

I was going to say I hadn't ironed for decades, but hubby bought a
yard-sale shirt a couple of weeks ago that needed a bit of a touch-up.
The muscles remember...

--
Cheers, Bev
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Real Bev[_4_] November 2nd 15 05:24 AM

Toko wax iron parts

On 11/01/2015 09:04 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
The steam holes don't get clogged up.

Who cares if they do?

--
Cheers, Bev
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

lal_truckee November 2nd 15 02:40 PM

Toko wax iron parts

On 11/1/15 4:57 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

Does a real waxing iron work all that much better than a regular
(clothes) iron?

If you're trying for race wax perfection the gunk in the steam holes
will compromise your work.
For typical waxing I ignore the issue to no detriment.

Also note that clothes irons without steaming ability (ie no steam
holes) also exist and turn up at garages occasionally, not to mention
older irons predating steam.

The Real Bev[_4_] November 2nd 15 03:20 PM

Toko wax iron parts

On 11/02/2015 07:40 AM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 11/1/15 4:57 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

Does a real waxing iron work all that much better than a regular
(clothes) iron?

If you're trying for race wax perfection the gunk in the steam holes
will compromise your work.

Obviously not me. I use old candles. I bet my bases smell better than
yours.

The gunk in the holes melts out each time. I don't understand how this
matters.

For typical waxing I ignore the issue to no detriment.

Also note that clothes irons without steaming ability (ie no steam
holes) also exist and turn up at garages occasionally, not to mention
older irons predating steam.

Preaching to the choir here :-)

--
Cheers, Bev