SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Transport in Aime la Plagne (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=19263)

Chris E October 12th 09 06:50 PM

Transport in Aime la Plagne

Here's hoping this group is still as useful as it used to be....

We've been offered a good deal at the Club Med Aime la Plagne hotel,
i.e.
the one at the bottom of Aime la Plagne village, not the one at the
top (that's
called Club Med La Plagne 2100). However, we'd need to get our 2-year
old
to the Jardin des Enfants each day, right at the top of the resort.

Does anybody know if this is feasible, either on foot or by some form
of
shuttle bus (or maybe a ski lift)? Or are we better off just looking
for deals at the other Club Med,
which looks to be right next to the Jardin?

Thanks,
Chris

BrritSki October 13th 09 07:09 AM

Transport in Aime la Plagne

Chris E wrote:
Here's hoping this group is still as useful as it used to be....

We've been offered a good deal at the Club Med Aime la Plagne hotel,
i.e.
the one at the bottom of Aime la Plagne village, not the one at the
top (that's
called Club Med La Plagne 2100). However, we'd need to get our 2-year
old
to the Jardin des Enfants each day, right at the top of the resort.

Does anybody know if this is feasible, either on foot or by some form
of
shuttle bus (or maybe a ski lift)? Or are we better off just looking
for deals at the other Club Med,
which looks to be right next to the Jardin?

Don't know La Plagne at all, but the attraction of Club Med for us when
our kids were small was that we dropped them off with the GO's in the
morning and didn't need to worry about them all day. They did lots of
activities inside and out including skiing appropriate for their age and
level. Has that all changed ?

Chris E October 13th 09 06:32 PM

Transport in Aime la Plagne

On Oct 13, 8:09*am, BrritSki wrote:

Don't know La Plagne at all, but the attraction of Club Med for us when
our kids were small was that we dropped them off with the GO's in the
morning and didn't need to worry about them all day. They did lots of
activities inside and out including skiing appropriate for their age and
level. Has that all changed ?- Hide quoted text -

That hasn't changed, and is one of the attractions of Club Med for our
5 year old (and us :-) Unfortunately only 3 CM resorts provide care
for under 4's - Serre Chevalier (went this year), Villars-sur-Ollon
(not much skiing for us adults IMO) and Sahoro (Japan!) Hence our
investigation into ESF facilities - sorry for not making that clearer
in my original post.

BrritSki October 14th 09 09:41 AM

Transport in Aime la Plagne

Chris E wrote:
On Oct 13, 8:09 am, BrritSki wrote:
Don't know La Plagne at all, but the attraction of Club Med for us when
our kids were small was that we dropped them off with the GO's in the
morning and didn't need to worry about them all day. They did lots of
activities inside and out including skiing appropriate for their age and
level. Has that all changed ?- Hide quoted text -

That hasn't changed, and is one of the attractions of Club Med for our
5 year old (and us :-) Unfortunately only 3 CM resorts provide care
for under 4's - Serre Chevalier (went this year), Villars-sur-Ollon
(not much skiing for us adults IMO) and Sahoro (Japan!) Hence our
investigation into ESF facilities - sorry for not making that clearer
in my original post.

Ah, I see. Can't help you any more I'm afraid, but good luck.

Ollie Clark October 15th 09 01:30 PM

Transport in Aime la Plagne

Chris E wrote:

Does anybody know if this is feasible, either on foot or by some form
of
shuttle bus (or maybe a ski lift)? Or are we better off just looking
for deals at the other Club Med,
which looks to be right next to the Jardin?

Last season there was a shuttle bus that went all around the resort
so it shouldn't be a problem. I didn't use it, mind but it was definitely
advertised on the tourist office website.

Cheers,

Ollie