SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Line prophet or chronic (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=13077)

Paul C. March 20th 06 01:25 PM

Line prophet or chronic

hello group,

has anyone skied the line prophet 80 or chronic that can give me their
opinion? where and how skied? compared to anything else? any help is
appreciated. i haven;t been able to demo the prophet 80 and really am
interested in the ski.

thanks for the help.

Cheers

Paul

klaus March 20th 06 05:17 PM

Paul C. wrote:
hello group,

has anyone skied the line prophet 80 or chronic that can give me their
opinion? where and how skied? compared to anything else? any help is
appreciated. i haven;t been able to demo the prophet 80 and really am
interested in the ski.

thanks for the help.

The chronic is an odd ski. You'll get three turns into a run, and
forget where you were going. You'll think you look like you are skiing
like a rock star, but really, you'll be going really slow and look
like an idiot, often with your blinker on. You'll giggle a lot. On the
lift ride you'll wonder what keeps the cable on the pulley. At lunch,
you will eat a ton, all sweet. After that, you won't get back on the
hill, you'll just fall asleep by the fire. Then you'll wake up with a
very dry mouth.

HTH.

-klaus

Walt March 20th 06 05:24 PM

klaus wrote:
Paul C. wrote:

has anyone skied the line prophet 80 or chronic that can give me their
opinion? where and how skied? compared to anything else? any help is
appreciated. i haven;t been able to demo the prophet 80 and really am
interested in the ski.

The chronic is an odd ski. You'll get three turns into a run, and
forget where you were going. You'll think you look like you are skiing
like a rock star, but really, you'll be going really slow and look
like an idiot, often with your blinker on. You'll giggle a lot. On the
lift ride you'll wonder what keeps the cable on the pulley. At lunch,
you will eat a ton, all sweet. After that, you won't get back on the
hill, you'll just fall asleep by the fire. Then you'll wake up with a
very dry mouth.

You weren't participating in a controlled burn with a certain BLM guy
the day you tried these skis by any chance were you?

//Walt