SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Darwin Principle! (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=7736)

Jason Pereira January 21st 05 02:49 PM

The Darwin Principle!

http://www.avalanche.org/%7Euac/phot..._Draw_1-14-05/
this image screams at me "lemming mentality" and not any of The "Darwins
principles". Actually maybe the "principle of divergence" or perhaps the
"principle of natural selection" is what Dave was on about
ummm 4ft of powder and not a Brit to be seen!!

Champ January 21st 05 04:20 PM

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:49:51 +0000 (UTC), Jason Pereira
wrote:

http://www.avalanche.org/%7Euac/phot..._Draw_1-14-05/
this image screams at me "lemming mentality" and not any of The "Darwins
principles". Actually maybe the "principle of divergence" or perhaps the
"principle of natural selection" is what Dave was on about
ummm 4ft of powder and not a Brit to be seen!!

I'm sure you have a point to make, but unless you improve your
standard of written english then I for one won't be able to understand
it.
--
Champ

root January 21st 05 04:46 PM

"Jason Pereira" wrote in message
http://www.avalanche.org/%7Euac/phot..._Draw_1-14-05/
this image screams at me "lemming mentality" and not any of The "Darwins
principles". Actually maybe the "principle of divergence" or perhaps the
"principle of natural selection" is what Dave was on about
ummm 4ft of powder and not a Brit to be seen!!

Was the snowboarder that jumped the one that got caught? Or did he only
trigger it?

Jason G January 21st 05 05:00 PM

In article , root says...

Was the snowboarder that jumped the one that got caught? Or did he only
trigger it?

From the text it seems as if the one that triggered it is the one that died.
Click through the pictures if you haven't, the explanations are quite
interesting.

--
Jason G
"This isn't a matter of being tolerant;

[email protected] January 21st 05 05:58 PM

Why don't you self select into doing something besides turning
someone's unpleasant death into troll material?

jayp January 22nd 05 05:23 AM

wrote:
Why don't you self select into doing something besides turning
someone's unpleasant death into troll material?

Ummm, ignorance is bliss! and an insurance policy will make backcountry
access so much safer for all concerned... chump, we do live in the txt
gen so move with the times please.

Bob January 22nd 05 06:04 AM

"jayp" wrote in message
Why don't you self select into doing something besides turning
someone's unpleasant death into troll material?

Ummm, ignorance is bliss! and an insurance policy will make backcountry
access so much safer for all concerned... chump, we do live in the txt
gen so move with the times please.

Great. Insurance companies decide what medical care I can get, when my roof
must be redone, whether my yard is neat enough. Now they'll decide if I can
go into the backcountry. This is progress.

Bob

bbm January 22nd 05 06:48 AM

root wrote:

"Jason Pereira" wrote in message

http://www.avalanche.org/%7Euac/phot..._Draw_1-14-05/
this image screams at me "lemming mentality" and not any of The "Darwins
principles". Actually maybe the "principle of divergence" or perhaps the
"principle of natural selection" is what Dave was on about
ummm 4ft of powder and not a Brit to be seen!!

Was the snowboarder that jumped the one that got caught? Or did he only
trigger it?

The jumper was the one killed in the slide!

[email protected] January 22nd 05 10:35 PM

Which is why I suggested that requring rescue insurance might be a
reasonible compramise in your other thread, rather than getting into
the complexity of a skill standard and a liscense based on weither you
know how to use a beacon, probe, etc.

I'm failing to extract any meaningful content from your post above...
so I guess I really am a chump. Damn, you're so smart and clever, we
should all just listen to you make lemming jokes about avalanche
victems all day. This rocks. I luv tha intarnet!

bbm January 23rd 05 08:35 AM

wrote:

Which is why I suggested that requring rescue insurance might be a
reasonible compramise in your other thread, rather than getting into
the complexity of a skill standard and a liscense based on weither you
know how to use a beacon, probe, etc.

I'm failing to extract any meaningful content from your post above...
so I guess I really am a chump. Damn, you're so smart and clever, we
should all just listen to you make lemming jokes about avalanche
victems all day. This rocks. I luv tha intarnet!

Lemmings! having had an avalanche started above by a lemming in Tignes
i'm missing the joke, Jason. Insurance policys don't bring back the
dead. Try F7 in word and then copy and paste your post, we will then all
grasp what you're on about.