SkiBanter

-   North American Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Skiing Crested Butte (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=10698)

hellgate August 20th 05 03:38 PM

Skiing Crested Butte

I am considering taking a trip to Crested Butte sometime in February. As I have never been there I am not sure if the place is for me.

I mainly ski at Sowbird/Alta in Utah. I love powder. The deeper the better. I ski groomed runs only when necessary. Hiking and big traverses are part of the day.

I have heard so much about Crested Butte, but I am concerned about the amount of snow they receive. Compared to Utah it is about half for the season..

Any comments?