SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Surgery Time (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=16045)

Vincent Walker August 28th 07 12:17 PM

Surgery Time

Well, the Orthopedic Surgeon has spoken. My L5 disk is displaced about 1cm.
Surgery is the only real option. He's going to pull it back into alignment
and fix it in place with a couple of screws to the S1. He tells me he does a
100 of them a year and my prognosis is 95%+ (I hope, I hope). He says that
my back should feel better than in years and I will be able to do everything
I want to (I hope, I hope). September 18th. 2-3 months recovery.

Alan Fried August 28th 07 12:43 PM

Surgery Time

"vincent walker" wrote in message
Well, the Orthopedic Surgeon has spoken. My L5 disk is displaced about
1cm.
Surgery is the only real option. He's going to pull it back into alignment
and fix it in place with a couple of screws to the S1. He tells me he does
100 of them a year and my prognosis is 95%+ (I hope, I hope). He says that
my back should feel better than in years and I will be able to do
everything
I want to (I hope, I hope). September 18th. 2-3 months recovery.

Joe Montana had it done. It extended his career 6 years.
Good luck.

The Real Bev August 29th 07 06:03 AM

Surgery Time

Bob Lee wrote:

vincent walker wrote:

Well, the Orthopedic Surgeon has spoken. My L5 disk is displaced about 1cm.
Surgery is the only real option. He's going to pull it back into alignment
and fix it in place with a couple of screws to the S1. He tells me he does a
100 of them a year and my prognosis is 95%+ (I hope, I hope). He says that
my back should feel better than in years and I will be able to do everything
I want to (I hope, I hope). September 18th. 2-3 months recovery.

Well, the doctor said it'll feel a lot better when it quits hurting so
much, so you've got that going for you.

Good luck and get well soon. You shouls be back in shape by spring
skiing season.

Ditto. Nice thing about your new profession is that it gives you a better
idea of when they're treating you like a mushroom!

--
Cheers, Bev
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo

ant[_6_] August 29th 07 11:16 AM

Surgery Time

vincent walker wrote:
Well, the Orthopedic Surgeon has spoken. My L5 disk is displaced
about 1cm. Surgery is the only real option. He's going to pull it
back into alignment and fix it in place with a couple of screws to
the S1. He tells me he does a 100 of them a year and my prognosis is
95%+ (I hope, I hope). He says that my back should feel better than
in years and I will be able to do everything I want to (I hope, I
hope). September 18th. 2-3 months recovery.

That's excellent, actually. Surgery that actually fixes the problem. So the
disc is OK, it's just moved?
Better than a stupid bulge and resultant OE, that's for sure.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy: