SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Custom Made Nordic Ski Boots??? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=2848)

Chase66 December 29th 03 01:15 AM

Custom Made Nordic Ski Boots???

Searching for the nordic equalivant of Limmer Boots in New Hampshire.

Have a super difficult sized foot and currently alpine ski in custom
fit boots and have custom made hiking boots. Need to get back on my
nordic skis so I'm searching for a company (in the US or Europe) that
custom makes nordic ski boots.

I have a 8.5 EEEE foot that's wide in a funny way so there's pretty
much no way I can fit anything that's manufactured, so I'm just
looking for custom / hand made.

Many thanks for any suggestions,

chase66

Serge December 29th 03 11:27 PM

Custom Made Nordic Ski Boots???

Speedskaters are the most likely among athletes to wear
custom boots (all the pros and 1/3 of armatures).

Talk to Dave Simmons at http://www.simmons-racing.com/.

I know, he made some cycling shoes as well and he is a wizard - he is
capable to custom mold the sole and reattach upper from standard ski boot.