SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   1 month in Whistler (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=5563)

Doc G. August 30th 04 06:14 PM

1 month in Whistler

Hi,

Two questions in the same post :
- What to do in order to be a snowboarding instructor in
the US or in Canada ?
Here in France, you need to pass the test of ski
instructor (a bit paradoxal, and not
likely to change). Moreover it is time consuming and expensive.
Have you heard of foreigners getting that kind of job
(especially non native english speaker) ?
- Second question, I might have one month to lose next winter
and I'm considering going to Whistler. Do you have any idea
of the minimal budget I would need ? (ski pass for one month
and accomodation in a youth hostel...).

Thanks,
DG

DMignon August 31st 04 03:49 AM

"Doc G." wrote in message
Hi,

Two questions in the same post :
- What to do in order to be a snowboarding instructor in
the US or in Canada ?
Here in France, you need to pass the test of ski
instructor (a bit paradoxal, and not
likely to change). Moreover it is time consuming and expensive.
Have you heard of foreigners getting that kind of job
(especially non native english speaker) ?
- Second question, I might have one month to lose next winter
and I'm considering going to Whistler. Do you have any idea
of the minimal budget I would need ? (ski pass for one month
and accomodation in a youth hostel...).

Thanks,
DG

You can see the courses for the Canadian Association of Snowboard
Instructors
he

http://www.casi-acms.com/intro60.html

tlf September 2nd 04 03:43 AM

Just my opinion but if you care at all about the quality of the snow during
your month long stay, you should consider a Rocky Mt area..Jackson Hole, for
instance... If you just want to be in a place that has great off slope
entertainment, then Whistler is a good choice.

Good Luck!

Chet Hayes September 7th 04 12:50 AM

"tlf" wrote in message news:cFwZc.11535$3l3.570@attbi_s03...
Just my opinion but if you care at all about the quality of the snow during
your month long stay, you should consider a Rocky Mt area..Jackson Hole, for
instance... If you just want to be in a place that has great off slope
entertainment, then Whistler is a good choice.

Good Luck!

"Doc G." wrote in message - Second question, I might have
one month to lose next winter
and I'm considering going to Whistler. Do you have any idea
of the minimal budget I would need ? (ski pass for one month
and accomodation in a youth hostel...).

Thanks,
DG

What's great about off slope entertainment at Whistler? I liked
Whistler, but didn't think the nightlife amounted to much. It's
mostly 5 star hotels and restaurants, the bars tended to be small.
And anyone going to Whistler should bring plenty of money, it;s one of
the most expensive resorts.

I'd recommend Summit County Colorado. There you have Breckenridge,
Copper, A-Basin, nearby and Vail is a 45 min ride. These are among
the best you will find anywhere. They have a good bus system,
nightlife and much more reasonable prices for lodging, food, lift
tickets, etc.