SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Good year at Mammoth already? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=27497)

Richard Henry December 5th 12 01:55 AM

Good year at Mammoth already?

I was surprised to see on this graph that this is the second best year
ever for snowfall at Mammoth

http://patrol.mammothmountain.com/SWEChart.png

Meanwhile, Big Bear is just getting more mud.

The Real Bev[_4_] December 5th 12 05:38 AM

On 12/04/2012 06:55 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

I was surprised to see on this graph that this is the second best year
ever for snowfall at Mammoth

http://patrol.mammothmountain.com/SWEChart.png

Meanwhile, Big Bear is just getting more mud.

Even though Bear Mountain is open, the pix are really pitiful. Barring a
miracle, do you think they'll have the courage to raise the prices for
the holidays?

This must mean we're going to have a good season a bit later, right? RIGHT?

--
Cheers, Bev
"To prove my love for you, I had these flowers killed. Put them

Richard Henry December 5th 12 08:01 AM

On Dec 4, 10:38*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 12/04/2012 06:55 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

I was surprised to see on this graph that this is the second best year
ever for snowfall at Mammoth

http://patrol.mammothmountain.com/SWEChart.png

Meanwhile, Big Bear is just getting more mud.

Even though Bear Mountain is open, the pix are really pitiful. Barring a
miracle, do you think they'll have the courage to raise the prices for
the holidays?

This must mean we're going to have a good season a bit later, right? *RIGHT?

--
Cheers, Bev
"To prove my love for you, I had these flowers killed. Put them
* in water and it will prolong their slow, agonizing death."

I bought some discounted gift cards last week. They arrived today.
When I opened the envelope, I went right to the SS website to see the
mud all over the hill.

I wonder of the bar will take the cards.

The Real Bev[_4_] December 6th 12 04:38 AM

On 12/05/2012 01:01 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

On Dec 4, 10:38 pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 12/04/2012 06:55 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

I was surprised to see on this graph that this is the second best year
ever for snowfall at Mammoth

http://patrol.mammothmountain.com/SWEChart.png

Meanwhile, Big Bear is just getting more mud.

Even though Bear Mountain is open, the pix are really pitiful. Barring a
miracle, do you think they'll have the courage to raise the prices for
the holidays?

This must mean we're going to have a good season a bit later, right? RIGHT?

I bought some discounted gift cards last week. They arrived today.
When I opened the envelope, I went right to the SS website to see the
mud all over the hill.

I wonder of the bar will take the cards.

There's never been a year since I started skiing that I couldn't go at
least three times...except for the year I stayed out because I'd broken
ribs and tweaked my knee the previous March or April.

My mom never knew. She'd just have worried. It's a real bitch carrying
groceries sometimes.

--
Cheers, Bev
Children, your performance was miserable. Your parents will all

Richard Henry December 6th 12 04:48 AM

On Dec 5, 9:38*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

You broke your ribs carrying groceries?

The Real Bev[_4_] December 6th 12 06:14 AM

On 12/05/2012 09:48 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

[...]

Of course!

In reality, I shopped with my mom and carried in the groceries. I could
hear the grating sounds my ribs made, but my mom couldn't.

Good times.

--
Cheers, Bev
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a

Richard Henry December 6th 12 03:43 PM

On Dec 5, 11:14*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

Well, I had to ask. I have this thing with my right shoulder which I
categorize as a skiing injury since it started when I fell out of bed
during a noontime siesta at Mammoth. If I don't aggravate it, it will
stop hurting after a few weeks, but i can bring it back with anything
from a nasty fall down to lifting a bag of flour.