SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Inline skating with chariot, should I push or pull? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=13379)

prenex May 7th 06 11:23 AM

Inline skating with chariot, should I push or pull?

I just got this new pair of inline skates and man they're fast. I also
have a 2..5 year old I have to take with me on weekdays. Question is,
should I pull him along in the chariot or push it like I'm running?

Thoughts?

Camilo May 7th 06 08:05 PM

prenex wrote:
I just got this new pair of inline skates and man they're fast. I also
have a 2..5 year old I have to take with me on weekdays. Question is,
should I pull him along in the chariot or push it like I'm running?

Thoughts?

Just make sure you can stop completely, immediately, whenever you have
to. I think those things are made for walking or jogging, which is a
lot different than skating. JMHO, of course, good luck.

Jan Gerrit Klok May 7th 06 08:14 PM

My thoughts too. Supposing you fit a really capable hand brake, better to
push. A trailing buggy wouldstop fine itself, but would skid trying to slow
YOU.

"Camilo" schreef in bericht
oups.com...

down_hill May 8th 06 02:42 PM

Pushing the chariot would work unless you fell. There is no good hand
activated brake on chariot. It is a push bar in rear transaxel.
Using the hiking or xc attachment will put chariot behind you but you
are a combined unit so braking is controlled by you.
I am recovering from a fractured tibia, this Saturday was the first time
I have pushed a chariot or walked in public without crutches since
before my crash in SG training on March 3.
The chariot is a great stroller, child transport device. Really turns
heads in Central Park, so easy to push and maneuver.

michael