SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sock advice? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=15140)

z? February 16th 07 01:52 PM

Sock advice?

I've been boarding 6+ years, and have always had a few problems with
blisters, though my boots feel comfortable.

I bought some decent boarding socks with padding, but I think I
actually created too much pressure in my boots, as they then felt too
tight with my sole inserts.

I've read that double layer socks (custom made or literally two thin
pairs) work well as any movement becomes boot on sock, rather than
sock
on skin - any thoughts?

And I heard that if the first layer sock is silk, this is helpful
apparently - any other materials recommended?

Many thanks,

TAS