SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone skiing besides West Yellowstone and Alaska? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=14246)

[email protected] November 21st 06 11:58 PM

Anyone skiing besides West Yellowstone and Alaska?

No skiing here in the midwest unless you count a couple of bunny hills
at some local ski areas. NO snow in the Twin Cities, no snow in
Northern Minnesota, no snow in Wisconsin and no snow in the U.P. The
biking has been great though!

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

JJ November 22nd 06 12:32 AM

Anyone skiing besides West Yellowstone and Alaska?

wrote in message
ups.com...
No skiing here in the midwest unless you count a couple of bunny hills
at some local ski areas. NO snow in the Twin Cities, no snow in
Northern Minnesota, no snow in Wisconsin and no snow in the U.P. The
biking has been great though!

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

There is some skiing here in Colorado. Breckenridge Nordic has been
grooming since sometime in late October. I've managed 4 on-snow days thus
far: 2 days in the local Open Space parks (ungroomed, hiking trail skiing),
and 2 days at Breck.

One of your fellow Minnesotans was at Breck Nordic last weekend (sorry, I
didn't get his name). I asked if he knew you, but he said no, he only knows
of you by reputation. At least he told me how to (properly) pronounce your
last name. I asked him if he was Wenner, and he laughed.

Hope everyone gets snow soon!

-JJ

Jeffery Clarke November 22nd 06 03:12 AM

Anyone skiing besides West Yellowstone and Alaska?

in article , JJ at
wrote on 11/21/06 5:32 PM:

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Ninety plus K groomed at Silver Star BC. Skiing on blue extra.
JC

DJ Daimon November 22nd 06 11:28 PM

wrote:
No skiing here in the midwest unless you count a couple of bunny hills
at some local ski areas. NO snow in the Twin Cities, no snow in
Northern Minnesota, no snow in Wisconsin and no snow in the U.P. The
biking has been great though!

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

In Northeastern BC (Fort St. John, Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson) we've been
having our best season in years. I've personally been skiing for close
to a month now.

In Fort St. John we've had our course at one of the local provincial
parks groomed for a couple of weeks now and hope to get our in-city
course groomed within the next couple of weeks.

Terje Henriksen November 23rd 06 01:53 PM

Anyone skiing besides West Yellowstone and Alaska?

"DJ Daimon" skrev i melding
wrote:
No skiing here in the midwest unless you count a couple of bunny hills
at some local ski areas. NO snow in the Twin Cities, no snow in
Northern Minnesota, no snow in Wisconsin and no snow in the U.P. The
biking has been great though!

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

In Northeastern BC (Fort St. John, Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson) we've been
having our best season in years. I've personally been skiing for close to
a month now.

In Fort St. John we've had our course at one of the local provincial parks
groomed for a couple of weeks now and hope to get our in-city course
groomed within the next couple of weeks.

Skiing have been possible for about one month here. Now it's 2-3 degrees.

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes

DJ Daimon November 24th 06 01:58 PM

Terje Henriksen wrote:
"DJ Daimon" skrev i melding

In Northeastern BC (Fort St. John, Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson) we've been
having our best season in years. I've personally been skiing for close to
a month now.

In Fort St. John we've had our course at one of the local provincial parks
groomed for a couple of weeks now and hope to get our in-city course
groomed within the next couple of weeks.

Skiing have been possible for about one month here. Now it's 2-3 degrees.

We're currently sitting at -22 degrees. Tomorrow's high is -25 degrees.

No doubt about it - I'm going for a ski tomorrow. :)

Chris