SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Alternative to Burton snowboard (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=18461)

ZebX March 14th 09 02:28 AM

Alternative to Burton snowboard

Hi,

I am looking for a board.
Custom-X look like good product for me, 180cm, 90kg, freeride, 8 years of
practice.
Some people talked to me there is very good alternative to Burton
costless.

Does somebody have test Burton model and similare product in another
brand ?

Thanks
Sylvain

Mike M. Miskulin March 14th 09 10:51 PM

Alternative to Burton snowboard

ZebX wrote in news:49bb2450$0$23717
:

Hi,

I am looking for a board.

Donek

ZebX March 16th 09 07:18 PM

Le Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:51:59 -0500, Mike M. Miskulin a écrit:

ZebX wrote in news:49bb2450$0$23717
:

Hi,

I am looking for a board.

Donek

Beautiful boards.
Which do you test versus similar Burton model?

Mike M. Miskulin March 17th 09 07:40 PM

Alternative to Burton snowboard

ZebX wrote in news:49beb433$0$7874
:

Donek

Beautiful boards.
Which do you test versus similar Burton model?

I dont compare. My first board was a Burton supermodel
I thought it sucked. I went to winterstick (original)
and then to Donek.

IMHO Burton boards are overpriced and generally overrated.
As an indication, I was unable to offload a very lightly
used Fish for even $190. I got it on a whim at the Burton
spring sale a few years ago and just dont get many chances
to use it in very deep powder and for anythign less than 2'
I prefer my Donek as it rides the chop better.