SkiBanter

-   North American Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Car hire in Utah (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=2072)

Alan Rowland January 11th 04 09:19 PM

Car hire in Utah

I'm planning my first ski trip from the UK to the US, staying in Salt Lake
City from Mar3-17, and driving to all the local resorts, and I'm about to
organise a hire car. I have a couple of questions: do I need a 4wd or snow
chains? And which hire companies (based at the airport) would you reccommend
for low cost? Thanks,

Al

pigo January 11th 04 10:35 PM

Car hire in Utah

"Alan Rowland" wrote in message
I'm planning my first ski trip from the UK to the US, staying in Salt Lake
City from Mar3-17, and driving to all the local resorts, and I'm about to
organise a hire car. I have a couple of questions: do I need a 4wd or snow
chains? And which hire companies (based at the airport) would you

reccommend
for low cost? Thanks,

Al

My bil might be here about that time from Coventry.

I would get 4wd if you are coming here to ski the crap out of it. If you can
take not getting up if we get nailed it's not necessary. The other option
would be to take the bus up if we get nailed. 2wd will almost always get you
to the bus stop at the bottom of the canyon. Personally? The few extra bucks
are worth it. The few thousand extra I pay for a 4wd truck is justified the
first time I push the button and don't have to get out and dig or push. But
budget is a consideration. If it takes 2wd to be able to afford the trip,
it's doable.

Look me up when it gets close. We'll go have a warm one.

pigo

scottabe January 11th 04 11:07 PM

Warning to Alan Rowland

Fair warning, Bob Thompson is likely to accuse you of molesting children if
you **** him off. You will note that he just did it to me. My advice is to
stay as far away from this insane psychopath as you can.
Unless, of course, you like doing illegal drugs. Then Bob Thompson is your
man.

in article , pigo at

Vern93 January 11th 04 11:15 PM

Greetings to Alan R--

In article ,
scottabe wrote:

Fair warning, Bob Thompson is likely to accuse you of molesting children if
you **** him off. You will note that he just did it to me. My advice is to
stay as far away from this insane psychopath as you can.
Unless, of course, you like doing illegal drugs. Then Bob Thompson is your
man.

I'm sure Alan can read for himself and draw his own conclusions. A trip
to SLC really isn't complete unless you get to visit w/ Bob, share a
pitcher, toss down some wings and maybe even shoot a round of pool.

I'm looking forward to doing that when I head back there in March.

And for the record, Bob didn't accuse you of anything, he simply posted
a link to where your brother was forced to refute more of your
outlandish accusations.

Dave

scottabe January 11th 04 11:25 PM

Warning to Newbies: The psychopaths are here

in article , Vern93
at
wrote on 1/11/04 4:15 PM:

In article ,
scottabe wrote:

Fair warning, Bob Thompson is likely to accuse you of molesting children if
you **** him off. You will note that he just did it to me. My advice is to
stay as far away from this insane psychopath as you can.
Unless, of course, you like doing illegal drugs. Then Bob Thompson is your
man.

I'm sure Alan can read for himself and draw his own conclusions.

I surely want to let him know that he puts himself at risk for being stalked
by an insane criminal like Bob Thompson.
A trip
to SLC really isn't complete unless you get to visit w/ Bob, share a
pitcher, toss down some wings and maybe even shoot a round of pool.

Not complete unless you are a sociopath. I'm sure Alan wants to have his
life threatened, be falsely accused of molesting children, etc.

I'm looking forward to doing that when I head back there in March.

Psychopaths of a feather flock together.

And for the record, Bob didn't accuse you of anything, he simply posted
a link to where your brother was forced to refute more of your
outlandish accusations.

What a vile lie. Bob Thompson has told so many lies about me it is
ridiculous, and you defend his insane lying. Typical rsa psychopathic
behavior.

Vern93 January 11th 04 11:36 PM

Warning to Newbies: The psychopaths are here

In article ,
scottabe wrote:

What a vile lie. Bob Thomson has told so many lies about me it is
ridiculous, and you defend his insane lying. Typical rsa psychopathic
behavior.

Sorry Alan. Mosts groups have at least one of these....

May I interest you in a little usenet group we like to call
rec.skiing.alpine.moderated ? I think you'll find it has one less
netkook and a whole lot more content. HTH.

Dave

AstroPax January 11th 04 11:42 PM

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:36:03 -0600, Vern93 wrote:

May I interest you in a little usenet group we like to call
rec.skiing.alpine.moderated ? I think you'll find it has one less
netkook and a whole lot more content.

Actually, overall, I think RSAM has *less* skiing content than RSA.

RSA just has more noise, that's all.

-Astro

---
maximum exposure f/2.8
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro/03-04/index.htm
---

Vern93 January 12th 04 12:04 AM

AstroPax wrote:

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:36:03 -0600, Vern93 wrote:

May I interest you in a little usenet group we like to call
rec.skiing.alpine.moderated ? I think you'll find it has one less
netkook and a whole lot more content.

Actually, overall, I think RSAM has *less* skiing content than RSA.

RSA just has more noise, that's all.

-Astro

That is very possible. BTW, I had an excellent time in your neck of the
woods last week. When I left yesterday, it was a balmy 34 degrees.
Friday, we managed to find a fair amount of untracked powder, however it
required a return trip on the "Battan Death Catrack" :)

Maybe March will be the time to try the Helicopter, however, it seems to
me (a lowly tourist) that I've had far better Marchs out your way than
Januarys.

But I don't do that "jumping off a perfectly good cliff" stuff like you
do.

Dave

scottabe January 12th 04 12:09 AM

Warning to Newbies: The psychopaths are here

in article , AstroPax at
wrote on 1/11/04 4:42 PM:

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:36:03 -0600, Vern93 wrote:

May I interest you in a little usenet group we like to call
rec.skiing.alpine.moderated ? I think you'll find it has one less
netkook and a whole lot more content.

Actually, overall, I think RSAM has *less* skiing content than RSA.

RSA just has more noise, that's all.

Rsa.terrorist is a complete and utter failure. They are incapable of
attracting newbies for a simple reason: the newbies read rsa and want to
have nothing to do with people who allow the psychopaths of rsa to post to a
private terrorist newsgroup.

AstroPax January 12th 04 12:14 AM

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 19:04:55 -0600, Vern93 wrote:

I had an excellent time in your neck of the
woods last week. When I left yesterday, it was a balmy 34 degrees.

Glad to hear that. So did I.

Today it was warm, sunny, a blue sky day. High-Speed groomer time.

You know, someday...it will snow again.

-Astro

---