SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ann Jardin Fund Raiser Biathlon Race (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=27690)

kddonath February 25th 13 01:37 PM

Ann Jardin Fund Raiser Biathlon Race

Race 3/2: Ann Jardin Fund Raiser
The race is on!

Ann Jardin, a regular at past biathlon events has traded her biathlon rifle in for a shot gun and has been competing - quite successfully - in national and international trap competitions. Ann has her sights set on the Olympics in Rio, we have a chance to help with an Olympics dream and help one of our own (and have some fun along the way). The Syracuse Biathlon Club will be holding a fund raiser event for Ann on 3/2. This will be a super sprint format, with some modifications, which will consist of two races. In the first race, athletes will ski 5 x 1.2km loops, four shooting, prone-prone-standing-standing shooting, interval start, no penalty loop, time penalty will be assessed for missed shots. The overall top 8-9 athletes from the first race will qualify for the second race, a mass start, 3 x 1.2km loops, two shooting stops prone-standing, three extra rounds, sudden death penalty - you miss, you're out. This will be a very fast course - no hills and short - so put on your power legs. Fastest overall male and female finishers will get a pie!

If you can't make the race, please consider making a donation through the online registration form. Donations are made in increments of $5.

Agenda:

8:00 - Registration Opens
9:00 - Zero
9:15 - Safety clinic required for those doing biathlon for the first time this winter
10:00 - 1st race start
2nd race start will depend on 1st
Awards to follow

Race registration is online: https://www.skireg.com/Net/3476 or go to skireg https://www.skireg.com/ and search for Ann Jardin fund raiser

Race will be held at Osceola: http://www.uxcski.com/, located: http://goo.gl/maps/weWze

Cost of race is $30 for pre-registration. Online registration closes Thursday, 2/28 at 6:00pm. Day of registration is $35. Registration will be at waxing building.

Snow looks good with 22-34" base!

Volunteers are always needed, so if you can help, let me know.

Let me know if you have questions

Kurt Donath
President, Syracuse Biathlon Club
http://www.syracusebiathlon.com/