SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How many skiers can you fit in a mini? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=1695)

Jack Guest` February 13th 04 10:28 AM

How many skiers can you fit in a mini?

This is pretty much in reference to my previous post about getting a
cheap transfer from Salzburg to Zell am See...

Have been looking at hire car prices and obviously the cheapest hire
cars are Fiesta style 'economy' cars.

Now, there's 5 of us, 1 pair of skis, 1 snowboard and our clothing
luggage.

Who thinks we could fit?

Does anyone have experience squeezing 5 skiers into a hire car?

ben towell February 13th 04 03:41 PM

How many skiers can you fit in a mini?

I went out to Les Arcs before christmas with 4 mates. We hired a Fiat
Multipla. It took 2 snowboards, 1 set of ski's and 4 large bags. It
was still cozy.

The Multipla was good as you can have 3 people up front, and fold one
set of seats down in the back.

Turan Fettahoglu February 13th 04 05:02 PM

How many skiers can you fit in a mini?

Does anyone have experience squeezing 5 skiers into a hire car?

You need a roof rack (Dachgepäckständer, whatever this may be in English).
Then you can transport your skis on the roof. However, you might have a
problem to cram all the luggage into the boot, and you do need winter
clothing, sticks, boots. A Ford Fiesta might be somewhat small.

Good luck!

Turan

Enotrio Pallanzo February 14th 04 09:10 AM

How many skiers can you fit in a mini?

Who thinks we could fit?

Does anyone have experience squeezing 5 skiers into a hire car?

if u make it, then call the Guinness book of records and get the prize.

Enotrio