SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Easyjet Geneva queue (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=27540)

Michael Chare[_2_] December 23rd 12 08:52 AM

Easyjet Geneva queue

Yesterday the Easyjet queue snaked round the zone 5 end of the
departures hall, all the way down the hall and out of the zone 1
entrance. I don't suppose that this is a record!

On the +ve side this was the first time in four years that our flight at
18:45 to Gatwick was not cancelled.

The Older Gentleman[_2_] December 23rd 12 11:39 AM

Easyjet Geneva queue

Michael Chare mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk wrote:

Yesterday the Easyjet queue snaked round the zone 5 end of the
departures hall, all the way down the hall and out of the zone 1
entrance. I don't suppose that this is a record!

On the +ve side this was the first time in four years that our flight at
18:45 to Gatwick was not cancelled.

British Airways scheduled, booked well in advance, is sometimes cheaper,
and generally not much more, and doesn't have all the Easyjet
disadvantages.

Oh, and this year has been booked for a family of four on the frequent
flyer miles, so free, which is even better....

--
Honda CB400 Four x3 Triumph Street Triple Ducati 800SS
BMW K100RS Yamaha 660 Tenere Suzuki GN250, TS250ER x3

Ace[_3_] December 24th 12 08:33 AM

Easyjet Geneva queue

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 12:39:56 +0000,
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Oh, and this year has been booked for a family of four on the frequent
flyer miles, so free, which is even better....

Not "free" though, if it's BA, as you still have to pay all the taxes
with real money. Swiss/Lufthansa Miles&More miles allow you to use
miles for the tax parts too.

Anyway, where are you off to - the usual cheepskate Bareges?
--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain

The Older Gentleman[_2_] December 24th 12 09:03 AM

Easyjet Geneva queue

Ace wrote:

Not "free" though, if it's BA, as you still have to pay all the taxes
with real money.

Ours was £20 a head. Doesn't Sleazyjet charge that for a suitcase or
summat?

You're right, though - some rewards schemes are more generous. OTOH,
Anne and I are both BA Silver, so we get an extra baggage allownace
(very useful, is that), and access to the BA lounge at LHR, plus one
guest each, so that takes care of everything.

Anyway, where are you off to - the usual cheepskate Bareges?

Les Portes du Soleil, on 5 January. Staying in Avoriaz.

Michael Chare[_2_] December 24th 12 04:24 PM

Easyjet Geneva queue

On 24/12/2012 10:03, The Older Gentleman wrote:
Ace wrote:

Not "free" though, if it's BA, as you still have to pay all the taxes
with real money.

Ours was £20 a head. Doesn't Sleazyjet charge that for a suitcase or
summat?

You're right, though - some rewards schemes are more generous. OTOH,
Anne and I are both BA Silver, so we get an extra baggage allownace
(very useful, is that), and access to the BA lounge at LHR, plus one
guest each, so that takes care of everything.

Anyway, where are you off to - the usual cheepskate Bareges?

Les Portes du Soleil, on 5 January. Staying in Avoriaz.

One of my better efforts was to get my business class ticket from
Washington to London upgraded to Concorde. Apart from the upgrade I
also got the Concorde airmile allowance. Enough for a return trip to
Zurich with the family.

Ace[_3_] December 25th 12 08:53 AM

Easyjet Geneva queue

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 10:03:21 +0000,
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

You're right, though - some rewards schemes are more generous. OTOH,
Anne and I are both BA Silver, so we get an extra baggage allownace
(very useful, is that), and access to the BA lounge at LHR, plus one
guest each, so that takes care of everything.

I briefly, i.e. for one year, had Gold BA exec club status, so I could
use the 'other' BA lounge at T5. The one where there's a choice of 5
champagnes and full à la carte dining all included...

I used to time my trips back from the US to ensure I had four or five
hours at LHR just to get the max benefit from it...