SkiBanter

-   Backcountry Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Family XC skiing in Quebec (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=16395)

Oleg Konovalov November 17th 07 03:32 AM

Family XC skiing in Quebec

Hi,

I would like to come to Quebec for Christmas vacation
with my family (incl. 13 yrs old son and friends kids - 16-18).

Could you recommend a good place for cross-country skiing
[snow for Christmas, lots of intermediate trails, good rental skis]
in the area where it's not boring for family with older kids,
some entertainment exists (say, bowling or some museums or
smth else to do).
A little alpine [with bunny slopes] might be an option too.

I was thinking maybe of Mt. Tremblant or Quebec area,
but don't know either.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you in advance,
Oleg
[central NJ, USA]

Matt November 19th 07 05:36 PM

Family XC skiing in Quebec

Oleg:

Noone else has responded yet so..........

Mont. Ste. Anne, outside of Quebec City, is supposed to a very good place
for both DH &XC. I've heard it described more than once, from both friends
& internet descriptions, as the best in the East, possibly in North America.
I have not yet visited this resort though so take this with a grain of salt.
Here's their homepage: http://www.mont-sainte-anne.com/ for more info.

I have skied the Gatineau, across the Ottawa River from Ottawa. A great
place for XC but not a resort. There is a DH area there but I know nothing
about it. Ottawa is a great city though and it's less than 15 minutes away.
Not near Quebec City but somewhat close the Tremblant.

I know nothing of the XC opportunities at Tremblant.

MOO,
Matt

_Uli November 20th 07 08:46 AM

Family XC skiing in Quebec

What's about Gaspesie - Chic-Chocs? Look he

http://www.vertigo-aventures.com/chics-chocs-e.html

and google for Gaspesie + ski rando

Good luck,

Uli

Oleg Konovalov November 23rd 07 03:08 AM

Family XC skiing in Quebec

Is there a cross-country skiing there as well ?
I haven't found anything about it on that site...

Thank you,
Oleg.

_Uli[_2_] November 27th 07 11:48 AM

Family XC skiing in Quebec

_Uli wrote:
[...]

I don't know, did you get my mail. Yes there are also traced cc
tracks. Check with the tourist office of Gaspesie ...

Good luck,

Uli

PS. Seems there is a chaos because of so much spam which fills up the
news servers. boh?