SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   First ski of the season (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=18012)

Ace[_3_] December 1st 08 03:09 PM

First ski of the season

Well it's a bit of a late start for me, but finally we were down in
Engelberg on Saturday and Sunday, for their first 'full' opening
weekend, having had limited skiing on and from the glacier for the
last few weeks.

Conditions after last weeks heavy falls were excellent, with a good
base all the way down to the village (1050m), and despite heavy winds
over the last day or three much of the off-piste was still nice and
soft.

Yesterday (Sunday) was more limited, as they weren't letting any
skiers up the Titlis/Stand side, having declared the whole area closed
due to high winds. Shame really, cos they haven't yet opened the
Jochstock or Engstlealp lifts, so that really only left the run(s)
down from Jochpass, thence via UnterTrubsee back to Engelberg.

So some great snow, somewhat limited by weather yesterday, but very
encouraging for the weeks to come.