SkiBanter

-   North American Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Telluride: Economical lodging & ticket suggestions? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=8022)

Giles February 2nd 05 02:53 PM

Telluride: Economical lodging & ticket suggestions?

I'm thinking of taking my son (12) to Telluride in mid-March (his
spring break). Does anybody have any suggestions for no-frills (aka
cheap) lodging in the area? I've found a couple of motel/hostel places
in Norwood & Ouray, but that's quite a distance and it would be nice to
actually be in town. I also noticed that these places say they can
offer a substantial discount on lift tickets that the places in town
don't mention -- What's going on there?
Any suggestions/information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Giles

miles February 3rd 05 05:15 AM

Giles wrote:

I'm thinking of taking my son (12) to Telluride in mid-March (his
spring break). Does anybody have any suggestions for no-frills (aka
cheap) lodging in the area? I've found a couple of motel/hostel places
in Norwood & Ouray, but that's quite a distance and it would be nice to
actually be in town. I also noticed that these places say they can
offer a substantial discount on lift tickets that the places in town
don't mention -- What's going on there?
Any suggestions/information would be much appreciated.

Telluride is an expensive city. There are no major name hotels in the
town itself per ordinances. The glitzy hotels are on the other side of
the mountain out of the city limits. So in town its mostly limited to
converted condos, B&B's and a few old hotels. I do not know of any
cheap motels in town. College spring break is also a peak season period
for any ski area. Discounts are given to hotels outside of town as a
way to get people to stay there. The lack of much lodging in town means
they do not have to discount much. However, during off season times
there are package deals to be found that are very reasonable in town. I
usually stay at the Jonestown Inn B&B. Off season it was $150 per night
for 2 people with lift tickets and breakfast.

Mike February 6th 05 05:35 PM

Being in town is worth the premimun.
Check out http://www.telluridemtnsideinn.com/
I stayed there last week.