SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Stowe foreclosure condo, on XC trail (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=27008)

Lew Lasher[_2_] February 8th 12 03:17 PM

Stowe foreclosure condo, on XC trail

One of the condominium units in my building in Stowe, Vermont is being
foreclosed on. Cross-country skiers may be interested in this condo,
because it is convenient to the two major cross-country ski areas in
town (Trapp's and Stowe Mountain Resort), and also adjacent to the
Stowe Recreation Path, which is groomed for cross-country skiing when
there is enough snow. (Not so much this year, but the cross-country
ski areas here have been open more days than anywhere else in New
England this year.)

The foreclosure sale is next week, kind of short notice. Most likely
the bank will buy it up and then put the condo on the market as a
conventional real estate listing, still probably a good buy.

I don't have any financial interest in the sale of this condo. I am
on the condominium Board of Directors, so I (like the other owners)
are looking forward to having an owner who pays their bills. Speaking
of which, there is another unit in this same building that we may end
up forcing into foreclosure, but that's getting ahead of ourselves.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to send me email. Stowe is
a great town, for skiing and in general.

Lew Lasher
Cambridge, Massachusetts and Stowe, Vermont