SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where can I get retired snowboards in the DC area (and where in general)? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=118)

PCB July 14th 03 05:20 PM

Where can I get retired snowboards in the DC area (and where in general)?

Where can I get snowboards that nobody wants anymore? They wouldnıt
even need to be snow-worthy.

--
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ O ALERT: Please help a friend find
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ / / his abducted son by visiting:

wcole July 14th 03 06:13 PM

Where can I get retired snowboards in the DC area (and where in general)?

In article , name+number@A-
ho-L.com says...
Where can I get snowboards that nobody wants anymore? They wouldn=B9t
even need to be snow-worthy.
=20

Play It Again Sports is a mid-atlantic semi-local chain of used sporting=20
goods consignment shops. You could also put up flyers in local=20
snowboarding / skate shops.

PCB July 14th 03 07:35 PM

Where can I get retired snowboards in the DC area (and where in general)?

In article , wcole
wrote:

In article , name+number@A-
ho-L.com says...
Where can I get snowboards that nobody wants anymore? They wouldnıt
even need to be snow-worthy.

Play It Again Sports is a mid-atlantic semi-local chain of used sporting
goods consignment shops. You could also put up flyers in local
snowboarding / skate shops.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Let me specify what I want a little more though. I would actually like
to know where I can get snowboards that have no apparent life left in
them - Ones that I could buy for around $10 (or get free). I have not
had any luck at the local rental place (Ski Chalet in Chantilly) - They
tell me that they send all their worn out rentals back to the
manufacturer - something that I find hard to believe. I once had a
board delaminate from the tip of the nose to where the upturn starts,
so I know that catastrophies can (and do) happen. I may even be up for
dumpster diving in my area, if I could find out what time of year shops
typically throw stuff out and/or what the best ones to check are.