SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WC Davos Sunday Relays (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=2748)

Tom Bakken December 14th 03 08:39 PM

WC Davos Sunday Relays

I watched the NRK web-cast of the relays this morning here in New York.
It's
great watching these racing without knowing who's gonna win! I encourage
anyone with a fast home internet connection to give this a shot. Very
good
resolution at the 640Kbit stream that I connect at .
Some interesting comments from the Norwegian commentator's. The
Norwegians had
very good skis today, as opposed to yesterday where they decided to not
use
a "klister blend".
The incident with the banner on the course was cool to watch. Tor Arne
Hetland, the german
and the swede came into the exchange area. Hetland jumped over the
banner, the german
avoided it and the swede got tangled up in it. The commentators joked
that Hetland would now be trying out for the Nordic combined team.

Tom Bakken December 14th 03 11:40 PM

WC Davos Sunday Relays

www.nrk.no is the main web page for NRK, a Norwegian TV channel . Here
you can see what
is on all the channels. In the upper right hand corner you will find a
button "SE" (see).
That brings up the viewer. You'll have to register to get a userid and
password (brukernavn/passord).
The viewer allows viewing of shows currently showing (direkte) and
archived (TV).
Select "sport" to see a list of various sport categroies. XC (langrenn),
Nordic combined (Kombinert),
biathlon (Skiskyting) as well as others. Click and view. Then enroll
in a class to
learn Norwegian so you can understand the commentary :-)

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:15:13 -0500, 32 degrees
wrote:

What's the link Tom?
Sounds great.
JK

Trukweaz December 14th 03 11:59 PM

WC Davos Sunday Relays

Tom,
it asks for a password? Where do you acquire this?

Kurt

Tom Bakken December 15th 03 12:32 AM

WC Davos Sunday Relays

You have to register. On the log-on screen you will see a link
"registre deg her" (register here)

Heres the prompts on the registration screen.

Fornavn = First name
Etternavn = Last name
Brukernavm = userid
passord = password
gjenta passord = password confirm
E-post = E-mail address

That's all that you need. Make sure you unclick any of the 3
checkboxes. They ask you if want
news sent to your E-mail/mobile phone. I assume you don't.

shreddir December 17th 03 02:51 AM

WC Davos Sunday Relays

Tom
How are you able to hold the 640kbit stream? I only can watch the 108kbit
stream even though when I run the connection test on the video panel it
says I am connecting at 1024kbit. I can't even ping nrk.no! The test
keeps timing out so I am losing tons of packets. I am on Comcast broadband
here in the San Francisco Bay Area. Who's your New York ISP? My speed
test on DSL reports web site rates me at about 1495kbit for West Coast
servers and about 900kbit for a test site in New Jersey. Have you run a
"tracert" on your DOS command line window to see how many milliseconds each
router hops for packets coming to you from NRK.no? I can't even get past
hop #7 before getting a bunch of "timed out" lines. It sucks for us in
California. Every weekend I am getting more and more PO'd with ComCast and
their advertising hype about how much faster they are than DSL service.