SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (moderated) (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Breath of Winter (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=15941)

The Wisconsin Skier August 19th 07 08:52 PM

The Breath of Winter

Winter's exhalation is being felt throughout the state of Wisconsin this
weekend.

Winter is still far away, we have more than one full season until
astronomical winter, but there is no mistaking the nature of the weather
this weekend ? change is coming.

The transition from summer to fall is one of mixed emotions. I enjoy the
warm & sunny days ? they bring great cheer to life, driving with the
windows down and my Alpine Valley (July 18, 1989) versions of Sugar
Magnolia & Scarlet Begonias cranked not only puts a smile on my face but
bring tears of pure joy. I enjoy the days where the sunlight seems to last
forever. This weather this weekend reminds me it is all soon to change.
Fortunately, for many of us in Wisconsin we have activities we look forward
to in the fall. Pleasant days in the grouse woods driving from place to
place listening to Mat Lepay (and this year Bob Eucher will spend more time
on our radio) call the Badger's football games....

Read the whole article at:
http://www.wi-ski.com/article.php?st...70819055215356
--
Before Heading to the Hill head to Wisconsin Skis!
http://www.wi-ski.com/

klaus August 19th 07 09:15 PM

The Breath of Winter

The Wisconsin Skier wrote:
Winter's exhalation is being felt throughout the state of Wisconsin this
weekend.

Winter is still far away, we have more than one full season until
astronomical winter, but there is no mistaking the nature of the weather
this weekend ? change is coming.

Change is here. Some of the aspen are starting to turn up near
Strawberry Res. I watched bow hunters come down yesterday, shivering
and chilled to the bone. There's a new color to the light. And I
traded my shorts for long pants and fleece. Time to take down the
shade sail.

-klaus