SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Slightly different new board? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=17050)

[email protected][_2_] January 14th 08 12:09 AM

Slightly different new board?

I have a Nitro Suprateam 157, which I like very much. I'm thinking of
buying a slightly shorter board and am looking at the Signal OG 155.
Like my Nitro, it sounds like a really nice all terrain board. I'm
just after a touch more control and the reviews of the Signal sound
like I won't lose out on the high speed stability with the length
difference. How much difference will the 2 cm make in other ways
though? Any thoughts welcome..

Neil Gendzwill January 14th 08 02:21 PM

wrote:
How much difference will the 2 cm make in other ways
though? Any thoughts welcome..

Basically none. Those boards are the same length as far as your feet
will feel, and any difference in how they ride will be due to other
factors (stiffness, flex profile, sidecut radius, damp or lively, etc).

If you're after a touch more control and looking to switch boards to do
it when you're already on a pretty short board, maybe you should put the
money into lessons.

Neil

[email protected][_2_] January 14th 08 05:00 PM

Slightly different new board?

If you're after a touch more control and looking to switch boards to do
it when you're already on a pretty short board, maybe you should put the
money into lessons.

Neil

Maybe.. I stupidly forgot to mention though, I am only 170cm tall and
67 kilos, so the board isn't all that short for me. Does that change
anything in your advice? Thanks - Tom.

Neil Gendzwill January 14th 08 06:15 PM

wrote:
If you're after a touch more control and looking to switch boards to do
it when you're already on a pretty short board, maybe you should put the
money into lessons.

Neil

Maybe.. I stupidly forgot to mention though, I am only 170cm tall and
67 kilos, so the board isn't all that short for me. Does that change
anything in your advice? Thanks - Tom.

That's 5'7", 147 lbs - I don't think you're too small for that board,
unless you spend a lot of time in the park and like to spin.

Neil

[email protected][_2_] January 15th 08 11:56 AM

Slightly different new board?

That's 5'7", 147 lbs - I don't think you're too small for that board,
unless you spend a lot of time in the park and like to spin.

Neil

OK, noted. Thanks for the comments.

Tom

[email protected][_2_] January 17th 08 12:37 PM

Slightly different new board?

As far a 157 to a 155, I do not think your going find that much of a
difference. You may try a little softer board at the same length to see
how it rides.

Later,

Chris

Hey Chris, many thanks.