SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Full moon skiing? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=12968)

bumpfreaq March 10th 06 04:00 AM

Full moon skiing?

Hey, the full moon is next week, the fourteenth I believe. If anyone
in the Winter Park, Colorado area is planning to ski that night and
wouldn't mind a joiner, please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

Walt March 10th 06 03:15 PM

bumpfreaq wrote:

Hey, the full moon is next week, the fourteenth I believe. If anyone
in the Winter Park, Colorado area is planning to ski that night and
wouldn't mind a joiner, please let me know.

I'd love to come, but I've got a small lycanthropy issue to deal with
that evening. Have fun.

//Walt

Team S-J March 10th 06 03:49 PM

One of my best skiing memories involved night skiing. It was on Galtis in
northern Sweden. The slopes were only open on weekends and wednesday
evening. It had been snowing all week and they had only bashed the floodlit
slope on the wednesday night. The two outer runs were lit only by the
moonlight and northern lights and there was 50cm of powder. I was about the
only person on the slopes that night. Magic.

oups.com...

Jay Pique March 11th 06 01:28 AM

Walt wrote:
bumpfreaq wrote:

Hey, the full moon is next week, the fourteenth I believe. If anyone
in the Winter Park, Colorado area is planning to ski that night and
wouldn't mind a joiner, please let me know.

I'd love to come, but I've got a small lycanthropy issue to deal with
that evening. Have fun.

I'm glad that you could be honest about it. I've tried to get honest
about when I was abducted by aliens, but no one wants to hear it - or
they mock me. It's hard to have to carry it around.

JP

Bryan March 11th 06 07:55 AM

"Walt" wrote in message
bumpfreaq wrote:

Hey, the full moon is next week, the fourteenth I believe. If anyone
in the Winter Park, Colorado area is planning to ski that night and
wouldn't mind a joiner, please let me know.

I'd love to come, but I've got a small lycanthropy issue to deal with that
evening. Have fun.

//Walt

I guess that gives a whole new meaning to the waxing discussions.

bdubya March 11th 06 04:00 PM

On 10 Mar 2006 17:28:12 -0800, "Jay Pique"
wrote:

Walt wrote:
bumpfreaq wrote:

Hey, the full moon is next week, the fourteenth I believe. If anyone
in the Winter Park, Colorado area is planning to ski that night and
wouldn't mind a joiner, please let me know.

I'd love to come, but I've got a small lycanthropy issue to deal with
that evening. Have fun.

I'm glad that you could be honest about it. I've tried to get honest
about when I was abducted by aliens, but no one wants to hear it - or
they mock me. It's hard to have to carry it around.

You should have it extracted.

bw