SkiBanter

-   Marketplace (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ski bags (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=5237)

Doug October 21st 03 02:42 AM

Ski bags

I'm sorry, but isn;t it fairly obvious?

"FredB" wrote in message
Anyone got any advice on the pros & cons of ski bags versus ski cases
(hard)

TIA
Fred

So'n'so October 21st 03 12:02 PM

Ski bags

I like the idea of a "semi-hard" bag. I have a bag that has a stiff
cardboard underlayment for about half the length, to which are attached a
pair of wheels. Thus, I can pull it easily through airports, etc. and it
provides a degree of protection whilst flying. I then can take the skis out
to put on a rack, or in the car, and fold up the bag. The hard cases are
good for when you only drive your own car to the slopes and use a roof rack.

ink.net...

Jeff October 14th 04 09:10 PM

you should note that if you buy a really durable soft case....as in a
bulletproof cordura material, it should hold up well in any bad airport
conditions...always a good thing to remember.

So'n'so wrote:

I like the idea of a "semi-hard" bag. I have a bag that has a stiff
cardboard underlayment for about half the length, to which are attached a
pair of wheels. Thus, I can pull it easily through airports, etc. and it
provides a degree of protection whilst flying. I then can take the skis out
to put on a rack, or in the car, and fold up the bag. The hard cases are
good for when you only drive your own car to the slopes and use a roof rack.

ink.net...