SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   burton canyon or hammer broadline (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=362)

Okidoki November 4th 03 07:31 PM

burton canyon or hammer broadline

Hi,
I'm thinking about buying my first board and I would appreciate your
opinion!

I'm a freerider, have boot size 10.5-11, and weigh about 91kg (200pounds?),
are intermediate experienced ;-) and I'm thinking of:
burton Canyon 167
burton canyon 163
hammer broadline 166

Since I'm afraid that the canyon 167 may be too stiff and heavy, I'm
wondering if I could 'compensate' that by a smaller board (163); Is this a
correct ? Is the Canyon really a stiff board, heavy, difficult to turn, ...?

Or would the Hammer broadline a better choice?

I would combine this with Flow Pro11 bindings but that's maybe another
discussion ;-)

Could you help me out with this???

Thanks!

Okidoki