SkiBanter

-   North American Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Info needed for Lake Tahoe (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=2027)

Shoaib December 12th 03 10:16 PM

Info needed for Lake Tahoe

Hello,
I am planning a trip Lake Tahoe between 12/19-12/25. Can someone
suggest to me a cheap way to get from San Jose/San Francisco to lake
Tahoe area. Is there any shuttle bus or something that I can take to
reach any of the good snowboarding resorts in the Tahoe Area. I dont
want to rent a car as I am on a budget. Can I take a train/bus etc?

-Also can someone recommend a resort that is a must if someone goes to
Tahoe. I would really appreciate some help.

-Is there a way to get cheaper lift tickets for resorts?

-Any pointers etc?

Thanks,
Shabu

Terry Morse December 14th 03 03:36 PM

Info needed for Lake Tahoe

Shoaib wrote:

I am planning a trip Lake Tahoe between 12/19-12/25. Can someone
suggest to me a cheap way to get from San Jose/San Francisco to lake
Tahoe area. Is there any shuttle bus or something that I can take to
reach any of the good snowboarding resorts in the Tahoe Area. I dont
want to rent a car as I am on a budget. Can I take a train/bus etc?

Other than sharing a ride with someone else, the cheapest way is
likely to be by bus. The train is another option (check with the
amtrak.com site), but it takes almost a full day to get to Truckee
from Emeryville, and it's pretty expensive.

Also, other than a tiny area in Meyers, there are no snowboarding
resorts in the Tahoe area. All areas permit snowboards, however.

-Also can someone recommend a resort that is a must if someone goes to
Tahoe. I would really appreciate some help.

It depends on what you are looking for, but I can say with
confidence that you should avoid Squaw Valley (aka Squallywood) at
all costs.

-Is there a way to get cheaper lift tickets for resorts?

http://www.slidingonthecheap.com/

--
terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/