SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Are my skis repairable? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=28480)

lonelyhour February 20th 15 12:13 PM

Are my skis repairable?

The tip of my Volkl Alleys are pretty much destroyed, at least on the right ski. I think its from doing nose presses and putting stress on the tip, but the skis delaminated, are showing stress marks, and the base is braking off/caving in. Should I follow through and repair them (seems like it would be extremely difficult) or buy a nicer pair for an amazing price?

Richard Henry February 20th 15 07:00 PM

Are my skis repairable?

--
lonelyhour

Sounds like a fun do-it-yourself project.

Or check out your local thrift shop.

lal_truckee February 20th 15 07:28 PM

Are my skis repairable?

On 2/20/15 5:13 AM, lonelyhour wrote:
The tip of my Volkl Alleys are pretty much destroyed, at least on the
right ski. I think its from doing nose presses and putting stress on the
tip, but the skis delaminated, are showing stress marks, and the base is
braking off/caving in. Should I follow through and repair them (seems
like it would be extremely difficult) or buy a nicer pair for an amazing
price?

Grab another pair at a swap or consignment or garage.
Skis are a consumer good - they don't last very long if you actually ski
on them.

justski November 18th 16 10:27 AM

Hello guys, i hope you guys are a snowhead as bad as i am, so let me share with you the best site that will manage to provide you with the best destionation in europe and great prices, check out http://ski-destination.com/ and enjoy your holidays.

Thx, J.

alexa November 22nd 16 10:42 AM

Good afternoon my snow addicts, hope this ending of 2016 will find you in a perfect mountain snowy slope with your family and friends.
Please let us know where you have been and what site,hotel,destination in europe you recommend.
Me and my family are always happy to work with the guys from http://ski-destination.com/ i always get top services and good prices.

Thx, A.