SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   NOS ski prep (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=28452)

Bob Schwartz[_2_] September 3rd 14 02:43 AM

NOS ski prep

One of the kids on our team is the owner of a pair
of new, old stock skis. The model year is, I think,
four years behind the current one. Got a screamin'
deal on them.

These things have been sitting in a shop for a couple
of years. I'm unfamiliar with how skis are packaged
at the factory, do I need to worry about oxidation
having taken place over that amount of time? Should
I scrape them before letting the kid wax them for the
upcoming season?

Bob Schwartz

---

[email protected] September 3rd 14 01:19 PM

NOS ski prep

I would say absolutely. Treat them as one would new skis, clean and
prep. Grind will be factory, but that's a lot of time sitting around,
oxidizing a bit and collecting whatever else was floating around the
shop.

Gene