SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gestures in the English-speaking world (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=30168)

The Real Bev[_4_] September 19th 20 05:38 PM

Gestures in the English-speaking world

Has the two-finger salute been replaced by the American one-finger
equivalent? Should I wish to express contempt for a Brit I want to be
linguistically correct.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it

BrritSki[_5_] September 20th 20 05:33 AM

On 19/09/2020 18:38, The Real Bev wrote:
Has the two-finger salute been replaced by the American one-finger
equivalent?* Should I wish to express contempt for a Brit I want to be
linguistically correct.

Both work still, but 1 finger is more common now ime.

The Real Bev[_4_] September 20th 20 06:03 AM

On 09/19/2020 10:33 PM, BrritSki wrote:
On 19/09/2020 18:38, The Real Bev wrote:
Has the two-finger salute been replaced by the American one-finger
equivalent? Should I wish to express contempt for a Brit I want to be
linguistically correct.

Both work still, but 1 finger is more common now ime.

Good to know. It's an increasingly useful gesture, especially when it's
all you have left!

--
Cheers, Bev
Just as you cannot explain snow to a summer insect, so also you cannot