SkiBanter

-   Backcountry Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Daily snowfall data, Lake Tahoe? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=17545)

AES April 27th 08 02:25 PM

Daily snowfall data, Lake Tahoe?

I'd like to find a database that contains day-by-day snowfall data for
Lake Tahoe for the past season 2007-2008. My attempts at Google
searching for this have not yet been successful. Any ideas?

Thanks . . .

Hal Murray April 27th 08 04:34 PM

Daily snowfall data, Lake Tahoe?

I'd like to find a database that contains day-by-day snowfall data for
Lake Tahoe for the past season 2007-2008. My attempts at Google
searching for this have not yet been successful. Any ideas?

The California water people have a network of snow sensors
scattered over the Sierra including several in the Tahoe area.

They used to have the data online. I don't have a bookmark handy.

Booker Bense[_2_] April 27th 08 11:07 PM

Daily snowfall data, Lake Tahoe?

In article ,
AES wrote:
I'd like to find a database that contains day-by-day snowfall data for
Lake Tahoe for the past season 2007-2008. My attempts at Google
searching for this have not yet been successful. Any ideas?

I think both Squaw Valley and Kirkwood have a list for that.

http://www.squaw.com/winter/snowfall.html

Suprisingly enough, the Squaw one seems to be largely
reality-based as far as I can tell, most unusual for
a ski area.

_ Booker C. Bense

Dave-in-Spokane April 29th 08 04:21 PM

Daily snowfall data, Lake Tahoe?

Booker Bense wrote:
In article ,
AES wrote:
I'd like to find a database that contains day-by-day snowfall data for
Lake Tahoe for the past season 2007-2008. My attempts at Google
searching for this have not yet been successful. Any ideas?

I think both Squaw Valley and Kirkwood have a list for that.

http://www.squaw.com/winter/snowfall.html

Suprisingly enough, the Squaw one seems to be largely
reality-based as far as I can tell, most unusual for
a ski area.

_ Booker C. Bense

This site has pretty good information:

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/...alifornia.html

or

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/Nevada/nevada.html

for the Nevada side.

--
Dave

AES April 29th 08 04:53 PM

Dave-in-Spokane " wrote:

Booker Bense wrote:

AES wrote:

I'd like to find a database that contains day-by-day snowfall data for
Lake Tahoe for the past season 2007-2008.

I think both Squaw Valley and Kirkwood have a list for that.

http://www.squaw.com/winter/snowfall.html

This site has pretty good information:

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/...alifornia.html

or

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/Nevada/nevada.html

for the Nevada side.

Thanks to all -- the Squaw Valley site has indeed exactly what I wanted
(at two different elevations, moreover) --- and I'll get to the others
eventually.

[This is of course related to the "science in everyday life/roadside
snowfall stratigraphy" posts I put up earlier. Sure wish I'd taken a
few quick photos when I was up there.]