SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Places to Eat at Whistler??? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=4496)

John Davison January 12th 04 01:13 AM

Places to Eat at Whistler???

I'm heading to Whislter in a few weeks. I'm looking for
recommendations for places to eat. I'm interested in both formal and
casual restaurants.

Thanks in advance,

John

Terd Fartingmor January 12th 04 03:10 AM

Places to Eat at Whistler???

On 11 Jan 2004 18:13:47 -0800, (John Davison)
wrote this crap:

I'm heading to Whislter in a few weeks. I'm looking for
recommendations for places to eat. I'm interested in both formal and
casual restaurants.

I recommend the Seattle Hooters.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

scottabe January 12th 04 04:02 AM

Places to Eat at Whistler???

in article , Terd Fartingmor at
wrote on 1/11/04 8:10 PM:

On 11 Jan 2004 18:13:47 -0800,
(John Davison)
wrote this crap:

I'm heading to Whislter in a few weeks. I'm looking for
recommendations for places to eat. I'm interested in both formal and
casual restaurants.

I recommend the Seattle Hooters.

Horvath's been eating his meal's lately at Bubba's Diner. All the sausage
he could swallow.

bdubya January 12th 04 03:24 PM

Places to Eat at Whistler???

wrote:

I'm heading to Whislter in a few weeks. I'm looking for
recommendations for places to eat. I'm interested in both formal and
casual restaurants.

The "early access" breakfast at the Roundhouse is worthwhile if it
snowed the night before, mainly because it means you're already up on
the mountain when the runs open.

bw

BillM January 12th 04 03:49 PM

Places to Eat at Whistler???

Just got back last night. Had a great meal at Araxi (formal). Prices were a
bit steep (NY Steak $85 alone or $105 w/Fois Gris), but worth it to sit down
for a nice meal with friends. The other steaks were under $50, and they have
an extensive seafood menu. See www.araxi.com for more.
Citta is pretty good as well. There's also a southwestern theme place around
the corner from Amsterdam cafe that was good. I heard Amsterdam was good,
but every time we went they were full.
A few of the people in our group came back from Sushi Village with good
comments as well.
Most places post the menu outside.

Have a great time!

BillM

om...

Walt January 12th 04 04:12 PM

Places to Eat at Whistler???

"John Davison" wrote

I'm heading to Whislter in a few weeks. I'm looking for
recommendations for places to eat. I'm interested in both formal and
casual restaurants.

Rim Rock Cafe. A bit off the beaten track - excellent food and not as
hectic as the village restaurants. Not cheap, but not a budget buster
either.

--
//-Walt
//

lal_truckee January 12th 04 04:22 PM

Places to Eat at Whistler???

BillM wrote:

Prices were a
bit steep (NY Steak $85 alone or $105 w/Fois Gris), but worth it to sit down
for a nice meal with friends. The other steaks were under $50

Even in Canadian dollars, I have to ask: ARE YOU BLOODY NUTS!

Geezus, but skiing has really lost it's way since the days of sleeping
on the Squaw Valley church pews (free and WARM) and skiing KT22 the day
after a storm for $5, while living on beer, cheese, and a loaf of French...

scottabe January 12th 04 04:31 PM

Places to Eat at Whistler???

in article , BillM at
wrote on 1/12/04 8:49 AM:

There's also a southwestern theme place around
the corner from Amsterdam cafe that was good.

Caramaba. When I go out with locals (and I know plenty) that's their choice
half the time.

brenda January 12th 04 08:14 PM

Places to Eat at Whistler???

(John Davison) wrote in message . com...
I'm heading to Whislter in a few weeks. I'm looking for
recommendations for places to eat. I'm interested in both formal and
casual restaurants.

Thanks in advance,

John

Araxi on the Main Square is very good.

scottabe-is-a-dick January 13th 04 12:14 AM

Places to Eat at Whistler???

scottabe blathered in message

Caramaba. When I go out with locals (and I know plenty) that's their choice
half the time.

I thought the only thing you knew plenty about was being a pathetic
little man with a tiny penis!