SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The ULTIMATE Ski Vehicle (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=6279)

Jay Pique November 8th 04 10:33 PM

The ULTIMATE Ski Vehicle

I want a full sized Ford Van. Lifted about 6 inches. 4WD, with studs
all around. (Not to mention the one in the driver's seat.)

The interior is giving me fits. On the one hand, I want classy - so I
guess that means no red velvet. On the other hand, I want something
that (attractive/female) people can feel comfortable getting naked in.
I'm leaning towards authentic naugagyde, as I've heard that some of
the crunchier ski grrls aren't so into bear skin rugs and such. I'm
open to suggestions as to color scheme.

For the exterior detailing and paint job, I'm all set.
It's going to look exactly like the A-Team van.

JP
*****************
I get to be "Face".

Walt November 8th 04 10:45 PM

Jay Pique wrote:

I want a full sized Ford Van. Lifted about 6 inches. 4WD, with studs
all around. (Not to mention the one in the driver's seat.)

The interior is giving me fits. On the one hand, I want classy - so I
guess that means no red velvet.

Right. Crushed Purple Velvet is the way to go. Doesn't get much more
classy than that.

On the other hand, I want something
that (attractive/female) people can feel comfortable getting naked in.

Crushed Purple Velvet.

I'm leaning towards authentic naugagyde,

Naugahyde sticks to your skin. Unless you're into that sort of thing,
I'd recommend crushed purple velvet.

as I've heard that some of
the crunchier ski grrls aren't so into bear skin rugs and such. I'm
open to suggestions as to color scheme.

Purple is the colour or royalty. Always has been.

For the exterior detailing and paint job, I'm all set.
It's going to look exactly like the A-Team van.

Anything opening near you soon? This is getting ridiculous.

--
//-Walt
//

The Real Bev November 8th 04 11:06 PM

Jay Pique wrote:

I want a full sized Ford Van. Lifted about 6 inches. 4WD, with studs
all around. (Not to mention the one in the driver's seat.)

The interior is giving me fits. On the one hand, I want classy - so I
guess that means no red velvet. On the other hand, I want something
that (attractive/female) people can feel comfortable getting naked in.

Do you plan on a bed-analog of some sort, or will you just toss a cheap
foam mattress on the floor? What kind of budget do you have? Bathroom
or porta-potty? Van conversion (roof raised a foot or two) or
off-the-shelf?

I'm leaning towards authentic naugagyde, as I've heard that some of
the crunchier ski grrls aren't so into bear skin rugs and such. I'm
open to suggestions as to color scheme.

Forget the naugahyde, get sheepskin. Something that doesn't show dirt.
A sort of gray/tan/beige/brindle/tweed sort of thing. Trust me on
this. You can use crushed purple velvet for accent pillows if your
heart is set on something less conservative.

For the exterior detailing and paint job, I'm all set.
It's going to look exactly like the A-Team van.

I assume...well, actually, I don't know what to assume. Lots of gold
chains, perhaps?

--
Cheers, Bev
################################################## #################

bdubya November 8th 04 11:12 PM

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:33:15 -0500, Jay Pique
wrote:

I want a full sized Ford Van. Lifted about 6 inches. 4WD, with studs
all around. (Not to mention the one in the driver's seat.)

The interior is giving me fits. On the one hand, I want classy - so I
guess that means no red velvet. On the other hand, I want something
that (attractive/female) people can feel comfortable getting naked in.
I'm leaning towards authentic naugagyde, as I've heard that some of
the crunchier ski grrls aren't so into bear skin rugs and such. I'm
open to suggestions as to color scheme.

You really need to tailor this to the sort of grrl you've got in mind.
For the yuppie ski-vacationer-chix, you want a nice oak floor,
birdseye-maple paneling, a few brass grab-rails and a hanging fern or
three, with a six-bottle wine cooler. For the urban post-goth hottie,
I'd go with a poured concrete slab floor and cinderblock walls, all
painted black, and a cooler fulla PBRs.

HTH,
bw

Jay Pique November 9th 04 12:30 AM

wrote:

[...]

I'm running out the door, so I'll respond in more detail shortly.
Suffice it to say, I'm LMAO. I_love_the hole "theme" idea.

JP
****************
CLT "Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress"

"...I'm posting to USENET. How much fun is that? "

TCS November 9th 04 01:52 AM

It's going to look exactly like the A-Team van.

JP
*****************
I get to be "Face".

I love it when a plan comes together.

TCS (The Colorado Skier)
Loveland is open!

pigo November 9th 04 04:19 AM

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
I want a full sized Ford Van. Lifted about 6 inches. 4WD, with studs
all around. (Not to mention the one in the driver's seat.)

Mine was the 15 passenger E350. The 4x4 conversion necessitated a 4 inch
lift. That was plenty. It put the step on the side doors 2' off of the
ground.

The interior is giving me fits. On the one hand, I want classy - so I
guess that means no red velvet. On the other hand, I want something
that (attractive/female) people can feel comfortable getting naked in.
I'm leaning towards authentic naugagyde, as I've heard that some of
the crunchier ski grrls aren't so into bear skin rugs and such. I'm
open to suggestions as to color scheme.

I took out the 1st 3rd and 4th rows of seats. They were easy to clip back in
if needed, but the second row to sit in left plenty of leg room to put on
boots and get comfy. There was room behind to sleep with storage under the
bed. I left in the stock cloth seat, carpet and side walls. All the rear air
conditioning and heat was in there.

For the exterior detailing and paint job, I'm all set.
It's going to look exactly like the A-Team van.

Mine was the off white. I left it that way.

pigo

Ted Waldron November 9th 04 05:20 AM

In article ,
tm wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:

I want a full sized Ford Van. Lifted about 6 inches. 4WD, with studs
all around. (Not to mention the one in the driver's seat.)

Yosemite Sam mudflaps. Airhorn. Behind the grill gatling-gun.

The interior is giving me fits. On the one hand, I want classy - so I
guess that means no red velvet. On the other hand, I want something
that (attractive/female) people can feel comfortable getting naked in.
I'm leaning towards authentic naugagyde, as I've heard that some of
the crunchier ski grrls aren't so into bear skin rugs and such. I'm
open to suggestions as to color scheme.

You can't go wrong with neoprene, preferable black. Don't forget the
blender and the tropical fish aquarium. Chicks dig margaritas and
sushi.

Chicks really like the taste of strawberry margaritas mixed with a
fresh fugu roll.

to my fellow ignorant gaijin...

http://www.destroy-all-monsters.com/fugu.shtml

ted

I'll stick to the toro nigiri, more fat less neurotoxins..

Richard Henry November 9th 04 05:24 AM

"pigo" wrote in message

Mine was the 15 passenger E350. The 4x4 conversion necessitated a 4 inch
lift. That was plenty. It put the step on the side doors 2' off of the
ground.

I took out the 1st 3rd and 4th rows of seats.

Did you drive standing up, like the UPS guys?

pigo November 9th 04 01:43 PM

"tm" wrote in message

Boring. Doubtful even Murdock would ride in such a vehicle much less
Tawnia.

Your right about "Murdock". But "Tanja" rode it several times.