SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Skiing from Zurich (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=18250)

PSmith January 25th 09 07:18 PM

Skiing from Zurich

A friend is working temporarily in Zurich, and his family are joining him
during the half term school holidays. He has two daughters (7 and 9) who
have skied before and want to ski again. Since their father will be working
and the mother does not ski, what are their options?

Can anyone suggest the nearest region to Zurich (access by bus/train) where
the mother could take the children and enrol them in a ski school? Aneasy
commute is very important.

regards
Paul

Ace[_3_] January 26th 09 02:38 PM

Skiing from Zurich

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:18:55 -0000, "PSmith"
wrote:

A friend is working temporarily in Zurich, and his family are joining him
during the half term school holidays. He has two daughters (7 and 9) who
have skied before and want to ski again. Since their father will be working
and the mother does not ski, what are their options?

Can anyone suggest the nearest region to Zurich (access by bus/train) where
the mother could take the children and enrol them in a ski school? Aneasy
commute is very important.

There are a number of relatively small resorts within an hour or so of
Zurich, but I'd suggest that somewhere like Flumserberg, which is just
a little more than that by train (sbb.ch gives timetables). Train
links directly with ski lifts, which may be important to you.

It's a charming little resort, with a good range of skiing, and high
enough to be pretty reliable, snow-wise, through the season. Ski
schools are good, from what I've seen, and it rarely gets so busy as
to be problemmatice with lift queues.

http://www.flumserberg.ch will give more detail.

PSmith[_2_] January 26th 09 09:17 PM

Skiing from Zurich

Ace

Your suggestion is first rate! Thank you very much for sharing your local
knowledge.

I have passed it to my friend. The two girls have will now be pestering
their mum!

regards
Paul