SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Silverton Mountain (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=4148)

AstroPax November 17th 03 04:38 AM

Silverton Mountain

Anyone here ever ski Silverton? Thoughts and opinions please.

-Astro

scottabe November 17th 03 05:13 AM

Silverton Mountain

in article , AstroPax at
wrote on 11/16/03 9:38 PM:

Anyone here ever ski Silverton? Thoughts and opinions please.

Looks wonderful. Passed through Silverton a couple weeks ago, stopped to
chat with the locals and owner. Great concept. They even offered me a
freebie. I told them not to waste it on me.
I could ski it, but I sure as hell wouldn't enjoy it. There is NOTHING that
ain't steep on that hill. Buncha trees and avy chutes.

AstroPax November 17th 03 05:17 AM

Silverton Mountain

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:13:39 -0800, scottabe
wrote:

in article , AstroPax at
wrote on 11/16/03 9:38 PM:

Anyone here ever ski Silverton? Thoughts and opinions please.

Looks wonderful. Passed through Silverton a couple weeks ago, stopped to
chat with the locals and owner. Great concept. They even offered me a
freebie. I told them not to waste it on me.
I could ski it, but I sure as hell wouldn't enjoy it. There is NOTHING that
ain't steep on that hill. Buncha trees and avy chutes.

Sounds good to me.

I'm just wondering if it's worth the $100+/day cost for a "guided"
lift ticket.

-Astro

Let Mikey Ski It! November 17th 03 12:10 PM

Silverton Mountain

AstroPax wrote:
Anyone here ever ski Silverton? Thoughts and opinions please.

Umm, yah. Several of us have. More going this season.

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Sil...Silverton.html

Mike...

--
Littleton, Colorado (reply to msaemisch at yahoo dot com)
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us