SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Recommendation on a good ski profile for wax bench (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=28323)

Frederic Beaulieu May 26th 14 07:58 PM

Recommendation on a good ski profile for wax bench

Recommendation on a good ski profile for wax bench

Hi,

I'm looking to build a home wax bench this summer and be ready for the next season.

I was thinking of building this one which seam great :
http://www.nordicskiracer.com/Equipment/WaxBench1.asp

I wonder however what is the best cross-country profiles that I should buy and fix on it? Is the Swix T0793-2 a good choice to handle all different boot fix, high and low ski camber and, at the same time, easy and quick to adjust length/fix height (need to wax for all the family ;) )?

I would really appreciate also if you have any other ideas I could add to this setup to make this a real ultimate wax bench.

Thanks,
Fred

[email protected] May 26th 14 08:22 PM

Recommendation on a good ski profile for wax bench

Here are three links. I use the wookrollerski vice system with the
truenorth profile.

http://www.parryloeffler.com/waxbench.htm
http://www.truenorthwoodworking.com/
http://www.woodrollerski.com/

Gene

Frederic Beaulieu September 8th 14 08:10 PM

Recommendation on a good ski profile for wax bench

Just wondering if someone have good idea/suggestion about that since winter is coming and Im about to start building it.

Should I include a shopvac at the bottom to easily clean the space?

Anything else?