SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lake Placid rollerski (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=27804)

[email protected] May 10th 13 06:58 PM

Lake Placid rollerski

I remember seeing Lake Placid roller ski training or racing footage on youtube. Would be a great place to test my climbing abilities. Do you have to/is it possible to tag along during such an event or can you just do it on your own? If I'm looking for a long climb, what are the roads and best time of day?

Thanks!

runcyclexcski May 18th 13 04:29 AM

Lake Placid rollerski

On Friday, May 10, 2013 2:58:42 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I remember seeing Lake Placid roller ski training or racing footage on youtube. Would be a great place to test my climbing abilities. Do you have to/is it possible to tag along during such an event or can you just do it on your own? If I'm looking for a long climb, what are the roads and best time of day?

Thanks!

Long climbs would all be on roads with wide shoulders. When I r.skied in Lake Placid the locals directed me to Bear Cub Road. WhiteFace highway is closed for rollerskiers and cyclists AFAIK. I only rollerskied it when it was closed for the season.

rwintski November 17th 13 06:28 PM

Lake Placid rollerski

On Friday, May 10, 2013 2:58:42 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I remember seeing Lake Placid roller ski training or racing footage on youtube. Would be a great place to test my climbing abilities. Do you have to/is it possible to tag along during such an event or can you just do it on your own? If I'm looking for a long climb, what are the roads and best time of day?

Thanks!

I know this is an old post... but I JUST got the "digest" (my first in eons)..
While we have good roads in and around LP here and there... the youtube videos of the rollerski trails at the ski jumps are paved trails that are off limits to normal folks... bummer.