SkiBanter

-   Backcountry Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   silvretta 404 manual (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=9083)

Lukasz Salwinski September 25th 03 11:58 PM

silvretta 404 manual

uh.. I'm looking for Silvretta 404 manual/mounting instructions...
anyone knows where can i find such a beast ? ;o) disappointingly,
google seems to return nothing of significance :o[

lukasz

Lukasz Salwinski PHONE : 310-825-1402
DOE-MBI Institute for Genomics & Proteomics FAX : 310-206-3914
UCLA, Los Angeles EMAIL :

Florian Anwander September 29th 03 10:20 AM

Hi Lukasz

uh.. I'm looking for Silvretta 404 manual/mounting instructions...

See mail.

Florian

Lukasz Salwinski September 29th 03 03:40 PM

Florian Anwander wrote:
Hi Lukasz

uh.. I'm looking for Silvretta 404 manual/mounting instructions...

See mail.

and the fax... thanks a lot :o)
lukasz

Florian

Lukasz Salwinski September 29th 03 04:52 PM

Lukasz Salwinski wrote:
uh.. I'm looking for Silvretta 404 manual/mounting instructions...
anyone knows where can i find such a beast ? ;o) disappointingly,
google seems to return nothing of significance :o[

lukasz

uh.. just noticed - the drilling patern came out of the fax as
a uniformly black rectangle with no traces of where the holes
go :o[[[

luaksz

Greg September 29th 03 09:14 PM

Lukasz Salwinski wrote:

uh.. just noticed - the drilling patern came out of the fax as
a uniformly black rectangle with no traces of where the holes
go :o[[[

I wouldn't use a fax as a drill pattern anyway, faxes are
often dimensionaly distorted. Also, don't trust copy
machines unless you check them first by copying a ruler
in two perpendicular positions.

Instead, make a template from the binding itself using paper and a
pencil to transfer the holes by tracing or rubbing. This is how I did
my 404's. It's simple, just be careful.

-Greg

Florian Anwander September 30th 03 08:01 AM

Hi Lukasz

and the fax... thanks a lot :o)

I did not send a fax. This must have been someone else. I sent a mail
with a scanned version of the instructions attached.

Florian
--
fuer email bitte "florian punkt anwander at consol punkt de" nutzen
for email replies please use "florian dot anwander at consol dot de"

Lukasz Salwinski September 30th 03 08:13 PM

Florian Anwander wrote:
Hi Lukasz

and the fax... thanks a lot :o)

I did not send a fax. This must have been someone else. I sent a mail
with a scanned version of the instructions attached.

Florian

wow.. two good souls there. I'm (positively) impressed :o)
i guess I'll survive making the drilling pattern on my own ;o)