SkiBanter

-   Backcountry Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Igloo base camp in the Alps (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=15613)

Ed Huesers May 14th 07 07:44 PM

Igloo base camp in the Alps

Hey All,
A customer sent us a link to a trip report in the Alps:
http://www.accumulationzone.com/igloo.html

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com

AES May 15th 07 03:15 AM

Igloo base camp in the Alps

In article ,
Ed Huesers wrote:

Hey All,
A customer sent us a link to a trip report in the Alps:
http://www.accumulationzone.com/igloo.html

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com

Truly extraordinary -- anyone who hasn't downloaded this is missing
something special.

Simon Isbister May 15th 07 02:31 PM

Igloo base camp in the Alps

"Ed Huesers" wrote in message
Hey All,
A customer sent us a link to a trip report in the Alps:
http://www.accumulationzone.com/igloo.html

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com

Very nice, Ed- recieving something like that must give the ol' Job
Satisfaction quotient a real boost!

Thanks for sharing,

-s-

Ed Huesers May 16th 07 05:37 PM

Igloo base camp in the Alps

Simon Isbister wrote:
Very nice, Ed- recieving something like that must give the ol' Job
Satisfaction quotient a real boost!

It's what we designed the ICEBOX for and it is always nice to have
another feather in our hat but Damian did use warm/wet snow. It's when
people tell me that they built at temps below 0f. that I get excited.
Maybe Damian will carry on and learn how to pack the cold snow. Then I
would be very excited. He is young and could go a long ways using igloos
in his endeavors once he sees that he can rely on the igloos and doesn't
need to bring a tent.
After he can rely on the igloos, he will figure out that he can take
less weight with lighter/warmer gear.
It is good to know that he did have a good time though. It's like
the demos I do and all the people are smiling... I did one demo where
there were five little 2 year old tikes in the igloo with me when I was
finishing it up. Their eyes were as big as saucers and they were in
complete awe. I touched their hearts...

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com